XTS and hats, PLEASE HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XTS and hats, PLEASE HELP!

We are struggling badly with hats. What is the best way to set up the machine to embroider hats on the XTS? It breaks thread constantly, the hat seems to move and the art isnt lined up most of the time. I am trying to embroider pacific hats, shouldnt it be able to do this with no problems? I am new to the boards, and recently bought the XTS brand new. Someone please help, email is [email protected]

I am struggling with hats on our new XTS's also. We got rid of many thread and needle breaks by taking the wings off the cap driver. The tech adjusted the thread grabber on the #1 needle side and gave us a little more room as the bill of the hat was rubbing very hard and causing issues. We sew hats on the #1 side of the machine now with less problems. It became critical to digitize the cap bottom to top and inside out to keep registration. Still struggling with false thread breaks on some designs. Constantly adjusting lower limit. Hope some of this helps...
    Action Graphics

Comment

Also, the first thing we did was make sure the cap driver is adjusted right...
      Action Graphics

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Garber View Post
        Also, the first thing we did was make sure the cap driver is adjusted right...

Cap Driver??

Comment

The cap driver is the piece that attaches to the machine and holds the cap frame.

Comment

Be sure you have the correct cap driver selected in your software - it has to be the one that says "RED" and it may not be listed in your Amaya drop down box and you will need to add it.
            Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Originally posted by Rod or Sharon View Post
              Be sure you have the correct cap driver selected in your software - it has to be the one that says "RED" and it may not be listed in your Amaya drop down box and you will need to add it.
              I have the red driver in the drop down box.....i just seem to have a ton of issues, maybe im not hooping the hat properly, it always has waves in it, its not drum tight when it moves from side to side, should it be?

Comment

It should be tight, not wavy. Did you watch the video on this site on how to hoop caps?
                Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
                  It should be tight, not wavy. Did you watch the video on this site on how to hoop caps?
                  where do i find that?

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
                    where do i find that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sportz Tees View Post
                      where do i find that?
                      Right now - they are apparently offline - working to see if we can get them back...
                      John Yaglenski
                      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

When it finishes uploading, it will be here:

Was able to find it on the internet archive and have uploaded it to youtube.
                        John Yaglenski

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

It's also now where it should be at: http://www.amayausers.com/tips/default.asp

Unfortunately, I don't have Julie's puff foam video - so I am hoping I can find that...
                          John Yaglenski

Comment

What kind of needles are best for the pacific hats?

Comment

Guys and gals,

One thing to point out....the Red cap driver designation should "only" be used with the red anodized cap driver which is the newest addition to list.

Rod Springer
                              Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
                              X