Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinding Noise at startup

Help, help, help!
    I've been sewing at 1200 spm for 2 days and all was going well. But suddenly, after each color change or thread trim on the first few (slow) start stitches I am hearing a really nasty grinding noise. I do not have any maintenance notices coming up. Can anyone tell me what could be causing this? Which area I should look into first to maybe see if it does need lubrication?

Appreciate any help.
    Sue schroeder

Hi Sue...looks like I'm the only one up this late and I'm getting ready to shut down.
    We had the same problem after running same job for a couple days.
    DON'T WAIT FOR MAINTANENCE CYCLE TO TELL YOU! DO IT NOW!
    At least, do this....
    send needle head all the way to the right, add 10 drops of oil up in the little slot. Do this EVERY MORNING if you are going to run all day. Keep an eye on the back of the needle head...if you do over oil it, you'll see it...our needle rods totally seized up after hearing that grinding noise...because down around the needle rods where you can't see it...is a felt wick that catches and holds the oil. Using the same needles constantly super dries this out faster than normal maintance will refresh it.
    SO, after adding your 10 drops on the top, pop your magnetic 'front' panel, and place 3-4 drops on the top and about an inch up from the bottom on the 16 needle rods you will see there.
    Then let it sit for a half hour or so to let the oil soak in.
    When you start up again, RUN AT 500 SPM to give it time to get oiled up!
    You should hear an immediate difference! We have forced hot air heat, blows right over our amaya, and that alone can evaporate oil fast. So every job, a dozen or more pieces, we add a touch of oil. Also, clean and oil the bobbin air twice as often.
    Remember, if you did training, those machines must be totally overhauled and oiled a couple times a month and they don't get used much at all-so it won't hurt it!

Roland

Comment

Hi Sue,

Give me a call and I will try to help you. 508-222-4433
      Russell Silva<br />R. S. Embroidery<br />Certified Amaya Technician & Trainer<br />Attleboro, Ma<br />508-222-4433

Comment

Roland,
        Thank you so much for the info and quick response. Ifigured it needed to be lubrication/oiling. But I didn't expect it to be that rail, because I just did that 3 days ago. I have Central Heat & Air too, but it hasn't been running much lately. The weather has been great, here in CA.
        Thanks again.
        Sue

Comment

I am in Fontana, Ca. about 3 miles from the California speedway. The cleaning and oiling seemed to eliminate the grinding noise. Thanks for everyones help.

Comment

To Brad at Avalong Embroidery:
            It's great to know there is someone so close and a tech. Would you be willing to send me your direct email? Mine is [email protected]

Sue

Comment

Hi everyone,
              New to this forum but I had the same problem. My tech said I was not using the machine often enough to keep it oiled using the schedule, so I was also told to put drops of oil in the slot at least weekly if not embroidering daily. Felt pads were all dry and I was not putting the hook oil in the right place. Couldn't tell from the photo in the manual. Hopefully this new embroiderer will soon be busy enough to keep on schedule.

Comment

Working...
              X