EMT 16 Newbie with issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMT 16 Newbie with issues

I purchased a brand new EMT-16 in April of this year to replace my older Barudan's. I had one day of training (my choice ) I want truthful feedback. Was I expecting to much when I bought this machine? The sales man said this was going to run as well as my Barudan's. I am having nothing but nightmares with this machine, thread breaks, false thread breaks, needle breaking ect. My nearest dealer is 7 hours away and he keeps telling me I need more training or I am using the wrong brand of thread (Madeira is what I always use) I am using the wrong bobbins(Madeira is what I was using) he even goes as far to tell me I am using cheap apparel I buy all my ball caps from AJM int. or Fersten Worldwide. I am so frustraded right now if I had the money I would take a sledge hammer to this machine.

Sounds like it's time to call Melco corporate and get some real help.

Look, honestly I'm not sure what it's like to run your older machine. I can tell you that coming from a single needle to our Amaya 10+ years ago, I was ready to throw the thing out the window after the first couple weeks.

The problem was, I had expectations that the machine would work the same way - and it doesn't.

The concept of actifeed is different than most other machines out there. Also, a design that worked ok on one machine might not work well on another.

Needle breaks are NOT normal. I think I can count on both hands the number of needles we have broken since we bought our first machine (we now have 4).

So is the problem on flats or hats?

Can you go into a little more detail on how you are doing what you are doing - and what you are specifically having problems with.

Do you digitize yourself or send out. Or (shudder) are you using Dakota designs.

Bobbin drop test? Presser foot all the way down or one click up?

Needles - what type are you using - are they oriented properly.

On the whole "cheap apparel" thing - if you were getting holes or something like that - I could say maybe - but if you have proper backing, even cheap material should so out at least OK, without needle breaks, thread breaks, false bobbin breaks etc.

Bottom line - there are SO MANY variables that could be causing issues. We need more info to track it down. You should be able to get excellent quality out of your machine - but there is a learning curve. Once we let go of our preconceived notions, things got much better for us (with the help of Ed on this site who took the time to walk me through things early on).

Anyway, we're here to help.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I agree with everything John said. I would also suggest that you open us MOS and go to tools. Down below there is a check for updates line. Click on that and allow the software to update. Some of your issues may be resolved with the latest and greatest. .053 is the last three numbers meaning that Melco has made 53 changes. I am really sorry you are having issues. I also would be working with the service people at Melco and see if they have additional suggestions. You are welcome to email me at [email protected] if you have some questions.
      Margaret
      Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Well thanks for all your help my machine is now sitting in a back room I don't have time to learn this complicated machine time is money and this machine being down all the time is to frustrating. My old Barudan just oil once or twice a day and go maybe not as fast but I could walk out of the room and come back and know that the machine was working properly. I use a really good digitizer in Montreal called Extreme Wizards that was recommended by Melco sales person his amazing. My software is up to date and my needles are in correctly I have been using AJM international and Fersten World wide for my ball caps for ever & never had issues with these brands of ball caps. My clothing comes from Sanmar, Alphabroder or Stormtech I use Madeira thread but I started changing when Canadian Melco tech. told me it might be cheap thread and recommended Isacord I bought a few spools of Isacord and not a difference. I even change brand of bobbins. I made sure presser foot was at proper height. I live 7 hours to nearest technician I have to pay this guy from the moment he leaves his house motel food and travel back home he might show up here with no parts to fix and have to come back and install them. FRUSTRATED I was told these machine would perform as well if not better than Barudan....... I say BS

Comment

Originally posted by danikasdad View Post
          Well thanks for all your help my machine is now sitting in a back room I don't have time to learn this complicated machine time is money and this machine being down all the time is to frustrating. My old Barudan just oil once or twice a day and go maybe not as fast but I could walk out of the room and come back and know that the machine was working properly. I use a really good digitizer in Montreal called Extreme Wizards that was recommended by Melco sales person his amazing. My software is up to date and my needles are in correctly I have been using AJM international and Fersten World wide for my ball caps for ever & never had issues with these brands of ball caps. My clothing comes from Sanmar, Alphabroder or Stormtech I use Madeira thread but I started changing when Canadian Melco tech. told me it might be cheap thread and recommended Isacord I bought a few spools of Isacord and not a difference. I even change brand of bobbins. I made sure presser foot was at proper height. I live 7 hours to nearest technician I have to pay this guy from the moment he leaves his house motel food and travel back home he might show up here with no parts to fix and have to come back and install them. FRUSTRATED I was told these machine would perform as well if not better than Barudan....... I say BS
          Venting here probably isn't going to help. We are not Melco, just a bunch of users that try and assist one another.

These machines are capable of sewing every bit as well as your Barudan if not better. We have 4 and I can leave the room confidently here knowing my machines are going to get the job done.

Look - I don't think it's the suppliers, threads or any of that mumbo jumbo.

I suggest you CALL MELCO (enough dealing with the sales guy and time to deal with the company) and have them walk you thru all the problems. If you bought direct, you get tech support. Your machine should sew like a charm. I assume it was shipped direct to you? Did you set it up yourself? Are you sure there wasn't issues with the shipping that have put things out of whack?

Bottom line - we can help here - but you first need to call Melco and make sure your machine is functioning at a baseline level. After you work with them and if they can't solve your problem over the phone, I'd demand they send someone to you at their cost if it's a brand new machine to check things out.

There is no reason you shouldn't be able to get up and running. Did you have ANY training at all after your purchase? Has anyone determined that the machine is not the problem rather than the user?
          John Yaglenski
          Amayausers.com - Webmaster
          Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I plugge it in again tonight I wish I had not. Just getting more frustrated than ever

Comment

EMT 16 Newbie with issues

Most of our learning curve issues was using design for another type machine. It seems the melco is picky about the digitized file. Have tried the basic troubleshooting stock melco design on flat first.
              Issue we had on hats was the hat driver sticking on the lower rod that runs through it. Once we put a couple drops of oil on the lower rod the hat driver bearing wouldn't hang up on it anymore

I am in NW Illinois if you are anywhere close
              Last edited by mark.wilken.56; 10-04-2015, 01:25 PM.

Comment

I have been a Melco user for 20 years, had AMAYA Big Red, The XT and The XTS (which I loved) I talked my business partners into purchasing the EMT 16's to replace the Big Reds that were not maintained when they purchased the store. I am ready to throw these out the door. They do not stitch as well as the XTS, we are constantly coloring in bobbin thread issues, we have thread breaks constantly, and false thread and bobbin breaks. I am dealing with Melco and have been for 5 months trying to get these up to par. I am very picky on how my embroidery looks and this is awful. I understand the machines have used them for years, but I think that these still need work and they need to be tested more before they are sold. I wish they still had the XTS machines, they were probably the best!

Comment

here is update since april 2015 After months of bitching about my EMT 16 It can now say that it is sewing as nice as the ZSK it is sitting beside, if I would of had proper support from get go I don't think I would of had to buy that ZSK. The EMT 16 has a cutter attached to Rotary hook that is new to the EMT this is the part that is problematic. If timing is out or thread cutter is loose(check make sure it's tight) it will give lots of thread breaks. I am lucky to have support of the Ontario sales office in Guelph. I am now considering buying a second EMT.

Comment

Working...
                  X