Boonie full brim hat hooping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boonie full brim hat hooping

Im trying to figure a way to hoop a full brim Boonie hat, similar to a bucket hat. any suggestions?
    I've ruined a few already and flat hooping is difficult because the straight line form of emb., doesn't follow contour of hat.
    Please help. I've had these in my shop too long, I want to figure this out and make back my investment in the hats at least.
    Don
    Bauds

Is it possible to talk your customer into using an arched line of text instead of a straight line? Or, how about a patch? Customers are often ready to listen when you explain the difficulties involved and give suggestions as to how to get around it. You can try.

Not all designs or items are suitable for embroidery. I imagine that that kind of hat gets embroidered before it is sewn together.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Thanks, I have, they do not want a patch, and yes unfortunately the design has a baseline that is flat across the hat.
      Bauds

Comment

I have done a very slight arc which after sewn on an item as described above, gives the appearance of a straight baseline.

Comment

If it has a sweatband, pull it out and hoop just the band on the WACF. The strap will be on the machine side of the brim. Clip the brim just like you would with a regular hat. Hope that made sense.

Mike
          Action Graphics

Comment

I saw your post on this thread, and was wondering if you could elaborate a bit.
            Thanks
            Dori

Comment

Working...
            X