Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embroidery On Nylon Horse Halters

Hi All!
    I just got a request for embroidery on nylon horse halters. They are thick nylon and I would be putting the lettering directly on the halter. Has anyone done this? How did you hoop the halter? I have an Amaya XTS, basic round hoops and a 7.25in square magnetic Mighty Hoop. Any help would be great! I hate to turn down the job, but I'm second guessing whether I can do this or not!

Melanie

I did some heavy nylon dog leashes and don't think this would be any different. Yes, a might hoop will work. You can use the laser line up feature on the machine to make sure it is very straight. I would use sans-serif font - keep it simple. You might want to buy some of the webbing at a fabric store to practice on. Make sure the presser foot is lifted enough.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Thank you Juli

Thank you! I definitely need to practice on this type of material. I'll have to practice on actual halters as well, since I can't lay them flat like a collar/leash/belt. Challenging for sure. My customer may be interested in another (easier to sew) type of item. But I may still need to do halters in the future.
      Attached Files

Comment

I did names on thick strapping for scuba diver bags. I used the Mighty hoop 11 x 4 ( I think that is the sizes). Raised the pressure foot and changed the thread feed to about 12 and the lower limit about 4 pr 5. The strappes looked great.
        Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Working...
        X