Head timing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head timing problem

I was stitching along, this fine Sat. a.m., trying to catch up and in the middle of a polo shirt that I've done several of, the needle broke and the machine made a clacking noise, as if it were hitting the hoop. This is the middle of the design, by the way.

Now the needle is down, and when I go into maintenance to bring it up, it will not work and I get an message that reads:

Head 01-Z position error-machine took too long to do command or get to head up.

It will not do anything and I am stuck!

Any suggestions to get my Amaya back up and running?

Thanks very much for any help you can give to me!
    Blessings~cindy

Note where you are in the design, So you can get back there.
    If you moved it in the machine save from the OS.

then try hitting the E stop and see if it resets.

If not re boot both OS and maching reload design if necessary and re set to your possition.
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

Also before restarting check your bobbin,Upper thread feed path and panograph for obstructions or problems.
      [email protected]
      Jerome in Minnesota
      (320)259-1151

Comment

Before doing anything...press in the E-Stop and try to manually rotate the Z-axis shaft by hand to see if the needle will make a 360 degree rotation up and down.

You did not say what you were sewing on. very recently one of my customers got the draw strings of a hoodie sweatshirt jacket caught up in the rotary hook which would then cause a Z axis error.

Anything that binds the rotation of the Z axis and prevents the rotary hook from rotating will cause a Z-axis error. This would include lack of lubrication on the rotary hook and have it freeze up...

If you can't rotate the Z-axis shaft 360 degrees by hand....find out what is preventing it from turning and you will have found your problem....not how to fix it, but you will have found it.

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Ok, I do not even know how to rotate the z-axis b/c I've never had to do that before, I don't think. I am sewing on a polo. I do the rotary hook lubrication before it even asks, so I know I'm fine there.

I feel really stupid asking this question, but I am just not wanting to mess anything up.

With turning it off, etc, it still remains the same, nothing has changed.
          Blessings~cindy

Comment

The E stop will not even work right now. Even with me pushing it, it will not turn off. I did try to move the needle carriage over and it did so just fine, but is now stuck b/w 6 and 7...
            Blessings~cindy

Comment

Hi Cindy, the z-axis is easy to do. I've done it myself often and it's good to be familiar with. Look behind the needle plate, directly above the arm (where the bobbin goes). You will see the bar. Make sure the E-stop is engaged. By turning this bar, you will be able to manually bring the head back up. (Kind of like a sewing machine, and you rotate the wheel to bring the sewing needle up or down). If you find it's slippery, use a rubber glove or something to give you traction. Once the head is back up, turn your machine back on with the E-stop button. It should find home. I would also restart everything from this point as well, just for added sureness that it's all back to normal. Good luck!

GF

Comment

I was able to turn the z-axis back and forth. (It doesn't turn completely around) I do not see anything binding it.

The presser foot is still level w/the needles, stuck in that position.

Any other suggestions?
                Blessings~cindy

Comment

Hi Cindy, it will only turn if the power is off or the E-stop is engaged. You should be able to turn it (use some muscle) completely around. If it really won't move, you'll need to speak to tech support and they'll walk you through the steps to check.

Comment

thank you so much for your help. I can turn it right and then it stops, then back to the left, then it stops...maybe I'm not turning the right thing? The presser foot is just stuck down. I'll call my tech tomorrow or tech support.
                    Blessings~cindy

Comment

Cindy....you said.......--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      The E stop will not even work right now. Even with me pushing it, it will not turn off. I did try to move the needle carriage over and it did so just fine, but is now stuck b/w 6 and 7...

With a needle down(your first post) why did you "move the needlecase"???? You now say it is stuck between 6 and 7. Moving the needle case with a needle down is a BIG, BIG no--no! Is it still stuck between 6 and 7? If so can you move it back to its original position? This needs to be done. It may be too late already to salvage this operation. If you moved the needlecase far enough with the needle in the down position then you moved the needlebar stud out of the reciprocater jaws and the needlebar is free floating.

If you take hold of just the needlebar, can you now move it up and down with you fingers. Does it move up and down while turning the Z-axis shaft? Will the needlebar move up and down at all?

I am afraid that now you have a free floating needlebar that is no longer engauged with the reciprocator and you now have a bigger problem than you started with...

Sharon and I are making this trip accross the USA and will be doing some work on machines about 50 miles away from you in about a week. I am also going to venture a guess that Melco will not classify this as a "warranty" situation and will charge you full price for travel and tech work preformed. If this is the case, it would be "much" less expensive overall, for you to use a certified tech like myself ,and by-pass Melco.

Feel free to give me a call to discuss this.

Rod Springer
                      Amaya Tech & Trainer
                      208-898-4117

Comment

You know Rod, I don't know why I moved it. I was just seeing if there were other issues. The needle isn't down, as in all the way to the bobbin area. The needle is actually up, even w/others, the presser foot is directly behind the needle, but down so that it is even w/the bottom of the needle. I know this is confusing and probably doesn't make much sense.

The E Stop wouldn't shut off at first. I turned the machine off, then back on and it then worked.

The needle bar does move up and down w/me turning the z-axis rod.

It is back at Needle 1

Hugo has serviced my machine, as well, so I can also touch base w/him. He has been very helpful in the past. I have been lucky in that I've had no major troubles w/my machine in the 3-4 yrs. I've had it, so this may be the end of my "good luck"...hope not.

Thanks for your help and I'll keep you posted. If Hugo cannot come visit me, yes, I may take you up on your offer b/c I'm in the middle of some major deadlines.
                        Blessings~cindy

Comment

Then try this, press in the E-Stop button and turn the Z-axis shaft so the the needlebar is in the down position. Can you now use your fingers to easily lift and push the needlebar up and down?

Is the presser foot stuck on top of the needlebar clamp? The presser foot should not be touching any part of the needlebar system.

Rod Springer
                          Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

I spoke w/my tech yesterday and found the problem...I have a broken presser foot cam follower. Thank you all for your help and your patience w/me as I walked through trying to "fix it" myself.
                            Blessings~cindy

Comment

Working...
                            X