Trimmer knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trimmer knife

Rod can you please help I took off the needle plate to clean and oil the trimmer knife and I notice that there is a small hole in the back left side of the trimmer blade and a small spring in the back of it that looks like the blade should be held in place by the small spring in the back of it. Should I try to attach the blade to this spring for its not suppose to be attached. My machine hasn't been trimming right could this be the problem.

whoops...meant to put this here, but was not logged in correctly..

Sharon and I have had very limited access to the internet and so have not seen our email on a regular basis .....

To answer your question, late as it may be, the knife sits in a carrier and the carrier has the small hole in it that you are describing. The "spring" you mention is acually the pushrod that moves the knife back and forth. So yes, the "spring/pushrod" does go into that hole in the back of the carrier. If it is not in this hole then yes, you will most certainly have trimming issues. There is also one of these pushrods that moves the selector back and forth. It also must be attached to the selector for trimming to take place.. sorry to not have been able to respond sooner.

Rod Springer

Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
    X