Thread Trim Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Trim Problems

I searched through the archives but did not see a posting that exactly covered this subject. I am sewing some hats with large lettering that I have inserted trims between. About every third trim, the thread goes tight and pops out of the needle and usually two eyelets on the guide bars. It's really slowing the job down. I tried using the long tail setting but this didn't seem to make any difference. Is this a symptom of static electricity or what? I have sprayed the thread cone with both silicone and anti-static solution but no change. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Jimmie Jones
    TJ's Designs
    Vallejo CA
    Jimmie Jones<br />TJ\'s Designs<br />319 Howard Ave.<br />Vallejo CA 94589

Jimmie,

No this is not a symptom of static electricity.
    You have only given some clues so a diagnois at this time would only be guesses ......

First I am assuming this is an XT? If it is an XT, what cap driver system do you have, the 1 piece or the 2 piece? If it is the one piece, then the XT WACF should be selected. If it is the 2 piece, then the XT Extended should be selected to run caps with.

You also indicated this was while sewing on caps. Has this problem been happening while sewing on flats?

You noted that you had sprayed the thread cone with silicone which on the Amaya's is a definite no-no.....the threadfeed and pinch rollers work by friction, pinching the thread between them and the act of lubricating the thread will then cause slippage which will cause thread breakage in itself....

Auto-acti-feed? Bobbin tension? Needle orientation? Burrs on needles? Rayon or poly thread? Font type? Densities? Underlay? Style of tie-in and tie-off? Speed? Cap type and style? Questions, questions.....the list goes on...

Have you contacted Melco support?

Rod Springer
    Melco tech & trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I've had the same thing happen, but generally, it's just a fluke that happens once in a great while. As I recall, once I shutdown everything (computer & XT) then re-powered the problem went away.
      Sue Schroeder

Comment

My XT required tech service call twice for the same problem. The last service call appears to have corrected the issue.

LuAnn
        LuAnn @ Image Embroidery<br />Because Your \"Image\" Matters

Comment

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I have owned three XTs since December and all have suffered this problem at times on both flats and caps. What a great name to call the problem: "slingshot," it certainly fits. I ran a single head and four-head EMT-10Ts for 10 years, now it's a whole new learning curve. When the machines run great, I love them but they can develop some maddening issues at times. I finished the hats but I sure got tired of rethreading every two minutes or so. I appreciate this forum so much to allow this exchange of information. Thanks again to all who replied.
          Jimmie Jones
          TJ's Designs
          Vallejo CA
          Jimmie Jones<br />TJ\'s Designs<br />319 Howard Ave.<br />Vallejo CA 94589

Comment

Working...
          X