I want to thank everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to thank everyone

This is to everyone who responded to the news of my unforeseen heart attack while Sharon and I were visting friends in Vermont and then giving training and doing tech work on our way home.

We had left Canaan, VT headed for Mr Sew and Sew's place in Freehold, NJ, but I didn't make it. Tom has since, jokingly, chastized me for finding a way to break our appointment Another time Tom!

It was heartwarming to see such an outpouring of support from the group. It was very much appreciated. I did follow the postings, but just could not sit very long at a time because the leg where they harvested the vein would swell and hurt....most folks that have gone through this say that the leg is the worst part of the recovery phase and, yes, I would have to say they are spot on....it hurts.

The leg is much better and recovery is going extremely well, much better than the average and better than anyone expected, including the doctors. Must have had something to do with all the prayers from everyone. The doctors all have said I should not be here, I should have died. Two of the blockages were 100%, one 80% and one artery had two sepatate 70% blockages. One of the 100% blockages is the one they call the widow maker. It is the one that caused this heart attack. They also found a double cheeseburger, half a ribeye steak and at least a pound of good old french fries floating around in there...!! They say I am now allergic to all of those good things...

I couldn't die because Sharon was running around the 5th wheel saying, "Don't you die on me!"....so I had orders and you know how wives can be, so I just followed orders. Nothing else I could do.

Anyway, this is a heartfelt "Thank You" to all of you for all the nice words, support and the prayers which I needed to help get through this. Through the Grace of God, I was carried through and delivered back to my family for which I am truly blessed to be given more time to be with. Thanksgiving has a very real meaning this year.

For those folks that we were going to stop and work with on our way back to Idaho, it still feels like in a way I let you down and I am sorry. It's my fault for having that one last Cheeseburger and fries in Lancaster, NH that afternoon.

Thank you all so much.....

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    208-898-4117
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

We are truely blessed with your recovery.

I am from the Springfield, MA area and since moved to Colorado. I know for a fact it is extremely hard to stay away from FRIENDLY'S. Thank God we are in Colorado and they don't have them here.

So glad to read from you what you went thru and looking forward to learning more from you in the future.

Dan & Terry Sparks
    Dan Sparks<br />DMS Imprints & Embroidery<br /><a href=\"http://www.DmsImprints.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.DmsImprints.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.PrintMeStore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.PrintMeStore.com</a><br /> <a href=\"http://dmsimprints.logomall.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://dmsimprints.logomall.com</a>

Comment

Rod,
      Thanks for making me laugh and cry at the same time. It's good to see you back.
      Mary
      Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

We are so thankful that you and Sharon are back home and you are on the road to recovery. It's great to see your posts again too...when I had my open heart in 1991 when I was 38 my chest didn't give me any problems but my upper thigh got infected...they had cut my lower ankle area to use one of those veins and it was too small and trying to put those support hose on everyday would be a beast trying to get them over that part of my leg...you learn fast that the pillow is one of your best friends when coughing spells came on or at least I did...so you have now joined the Open Heart Club and I'm so thankful that you listened to Sharon and didn't die on her
        ...I have heard these same words come from my husband Don once when I was having heart trouble in 2007 and I have never seen him that worried but he too kept telling me not to die on him...with God's grace and a helicoptor ride to the hospital for me, we both pulled through and I along with many people over this great country are so blessed to have you and Sharon in our lives...I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving and until next time...

Jenny
        Westbrook Wonders
        Jenny<br />Westbrook Wonders<br />Wetumpka, AL 36093<br />334-567-3867<br />[email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X