Sewing leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewing leather

I am trying to sew on leather and getting a lot of thread breaks. I set the presser foot and adjusted the tenson,even slowed the matchine down but I can't get it to work. Is there something specail to do for leather?

HELP!!!!!!!

I do leather all the time- biker's vests. I keep the 75/11 light-ball point needles in the machine. You MUST use less density than you would on most other items, especially the outer edges or it will cut out the design. I also run on auto acti-feed; but I feed a LOT more thread to the needles. I may have the column feed as low as 20, and the run/fill feed as high as 116, depending on the design. The leather I do is thick, so I generally put the presser-foot up 3 clicks. I would only do 2 clicks if the leather is thin. Also the start-inching thing I set at 1, so the needle gets to going fast- no time for the thread to pull out. I set the trim lenght to long as well. If you have a ruined piece or a scrap, I would try these things on that before I did an expensive piece for a customer. Good luck. PM me if you feel the need.
    Gregory

Comment

Gregory, How do you the colume feed and the run/fill feed?
      Joy Guidry<br /> Be Recognized<br /> Embroidery and Promotions<br /> Larose, Louisiana<br /> 985-860-2919

Comment

Click on tools&gt; settings&gt; thread feed, and there you are, might want to set the lower thread feed limit to 3, 4, or maybe even 5 while you're in there. Don't forget to hit apply before you leave the screen...
        Gregory

Comment

WOW it worked THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!

Comment

I am truly happy for you- glad I could be of help. Anytime! Have a great weekend all!
            Gregory

Comment

Working...
            X