Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needle off center

Dear List,
    The needle on one of our Amaya XT is off center just a bit. It usually isn't a problem but now in doing a hat the needle keeps breakilng. Where is the addjustment in the software to center the needle in the hole. Thanks
    Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Margaret,
    Can you actually see the needle isn't centered in the needleplate hole with the needle in the hole itself???
    Could it be that you are using too small of needles for thick/tough hats? 80/12 needles are recommended (sharp).
    Is there a chance that your needlecase is loose on the machine?
    Also, with an XT machine, there is a tab under "Maintenance" called "Calibration". Is there a chance someone was clicking on any of the three buttons in the area??
    I've had numerous customers who clicked on these buttons just to "see what happens" and then had similar problems as you've described.

If you really want to get into calibrating the needlecase centering, I can only suggest you look it up in the tech manual. I worry that if you do this, you could open up a can of worms if you don't do it correctly.

Best of luck,
    Ed
    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

We have this problem on our XT. Usually the needle plate has gotten a bit loose. I fix it by putting the needle down and then loosening both of the screws that hold the needle plate on. Then I can tighten the screws a bit on one side, then a bit on the other side, etc. until I have them tight and the needle plate is centered. Every now and then I need to leave oen screw less tight than I'd like but it works out in the end.

Comment

I have seen numerous posts regarding the needle plate not being centered on the XT. In my opinion (and please correct me if I am wrong) if the needle plate is tight it can't be off center. The way it is machined with the conical surface to locate the mounting screws it only has one position if the screws are tight.

Looking forward to hearing other opinions.

Steve I.
        Trinity Embroidery
        Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Personally - I was taught to put the needle down, center the needle plate with the needle down and screws loosened and then tighten the needle plate up.
          John Yaglenski
          Amayausers.com - Webmaster
          Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
          Hilton Head Island, SC
          http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

John is right, but just for information purposes......

Big Reds.....the needleplate should always be reinstalled with the needlecase moved to the #9 needle position.

XT series.....The needleplate should always be reinstalled with the needlecase moved to the #1 position.

This has to do with how the needlecase was calibrated or is being calibrated on the individual machines so the needle will disect the exact centerline of the bobbin shaft spindle.

The Big Reds use an optical laser sensor to control color change position. The needlecase is calibrated at the #9 position and needleplate centered, but all the other needles will vary on the exact centerline bercause of tooling tolerances.

The XT series does not use this laser system. It uses an encoder on the color change motor. This allows "each individual" needle to be calibrated to the exact centerline of the bobbin shaft spindle. The computer will remember these positions. Therefore...if the needle is on spindle center....it is important, because of tooling tolerances in the needleplate that allows it to move slighly to the left and right, the needleplate needs to be aligned so the needle is dead center of the hole before it is tightened down.

Rod Springer
            Amaya Tech & Trainer
            Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thanks Rod - neglected mentioning that info... Great explanation!
              John Yaglenski
              Amayausers.com - Webmaster
              Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
              Hilton Head Island, SC
              http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

You are welcome John.........thanks....

Rod

Comment

Rod,

Thanks for the detailed explination.

Steve I.
                  Trinity emb
                  Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

You are welcome too Steve...it is always nice to know the "why" sometimes for the reason for some things to work like they were designed to do....

Rod

Comment

Working...
                    X