NEEDLECASE won't move back and forth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEEDLECASE won't move back and forth

Removed the plastic cover from behind the needlecase during 10 mil maintenance and finished the lube process and the needlecase will not move so I can put plastic cover back on.

Bob,

"needlecase will not move so I can put plastic cover back on????"

The needlecase "should" not be allowed to move at anytime the black upper arm covers have been removed from behind the needlecase!! allowing the needlecase to move with one of the covers off will result in dropped needlebars.

The black covers should only be removed with the machine at needle one or needle 16 position respective to which cover is to be removed.

What needle is the machine currently on?

Which cover do you have off? Are the ( All ) of the needlebars in an up position? Are all of the takeup levers in an up position and lined up exactly with each other?

Is the machine running? Is the E-Stop depressed? Have you allowed the needlecase to move, even a little, to this point?

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

It appears to be at #2 needle. All needles have dropped. Left side cover is off. Operator was doing maintenance as she has done several times before. Machine is off.

Comment

The only way this could happen is if the needlecase was moved or allowed to move with the cover off.

You will have to have the machine turned off or the E-Stop depressed and have it at headup, lift the needlebars one at a time to line up with the tracking groove in the other cover and the reciprocater and manually push the needlecase to entrap the needlebar stud and then go to the next needlebar and repeat the process until all the needlebars are back in the tracking groove. Replace the other cover and you should be good to go........

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

I can see what needs to be done but needlecase will not move at all.

Comment

The only four clues you have given me as to how serious this problem may be is....

1. Left side cover is off. With the left side cover off, the machine should be at needle 16.

2. The # 2 needlebar appears to be the active needle.

3. ALL of the needlebars are down.

4. Needlecase will not move at all.

How is it that the machine is on the # 2 needle and ALL the needles are down with the left cover off? The needlecase must have been pulled forward when trying to move it, enough to allow the studs to come out of the tracking groove?

The # 1 needlebar stud, being out of the track and possibly the # 2 also, is now binding against the right side cover not allowing it to move.

You haven't given much information as to how this happened, what was tried to correct it and how you went about it. You have not said if this was an XT or Big Red Amaya (non-XT). Without detailed information, I can only tell you the possibilites of what may be broken or binding in this case. When the needlecase on an XT is placed in a bind, as this one may have been, the V-rail slider blocks may have fractured. In case of a Big Red, the Color Index optical sensor flag and/or the sensor may be damaged.

At this point, I would advise a visit from a certified Melco tech. Where are you located? You can go into www.melcouniversity.com and look under the Trainers and Tech information to find the tech closest to you.

Rod Springer
            Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

I don't really know what happened. I was told by the operator that machine won't move. I'm in western Kansas so I'll give the Denver office a call.

Comment

Working...
              X