Needle not lined up with presser foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needle not lined up with presser foot

Hello My needle seems to be sitting just slightly right to center of my presser foot. How do I adjust this.

Cheers
    Brad Comstock
    A Custom Thread

The main question is, is the needle lined up in the hole? If so, the the pressure foot is off a little. If this has no effect on the sewing quality, which it shouldn't, then I'd leave sleeping dogs lie.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

If the needle is fine, you can bend the presser foot slightly one direction or the other. As long as everything is sewing fine otherwise.
      John Yaglenski
      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
      Hilton Head Island, SC
      http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

What if the needle is not centered with the hole and the presser foot is? That's the problem I'm having right now. Help please?

Comment

Have you turned off the machine and restarted it? I've had that happen, and upon restarting the machine, it sends it "home" which lined everything up again. Also you could check into "get table" "set table" in the maintenance section. I've had to use that as well. Worth a shot anyway until someone else chimes in.

Comment

So if you do a bottom center your needle hits the needle plate and does not go in the hole in it.

is this on every needle?
            [email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

Bottom line Brad,

Take the needleplate off and with the machine at the number 1 position and the needlebar at the bottom center position....the needle needs to appear to dissect the exact center of the bobbin spindle as close as possible when sitting directly behind it. If it does not, the needlecase is out of calibration and needs to be readjusted for every needle.....ck your tech manual for the instructions.

Rod Springer
              Amaya Tech & Trainer
              Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
              X