Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumor Control--Was Melco Bought by Bernina?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor Control--Was Melco Bought by Bernina?

A good source asked me this morning if I heard anything about Melco being bought by BERNINA. If so that would be great because I own BERNINA sewing systems and write for the USA company.

Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers,
    Ed "Kanga" Roux

Nothing yet on the news pages at either USA site.
    I'm curious, too.
    Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

Melco has been bought/sold a few times over the past couple years. Here is a fairly new news article http://www.fibre2fashion.com/news/te...news_id=112902

Comment

The only similarities so far that I can see from this article is BERNINA is a Swiss company and BERNINA USA is in Aurora, IL. But that doesn't mean anything.

If it is true, BERNINA may put some new money into Melco. Over ten years ago, BERNINA used to sell the Happy embroidery machine under their lineup of products. Guess time will tell if this is rumor or fact.

Thanks!

Ed

Comment

I checked the article in Steve's post. That seemed to be pretty big slam on Melco. "Primarily for non-industrial customers"? Why would industrial customers not want Amayas? They seem significantly more productive than a multi-head system. Is it just bad marketing or was it really just designed for the small shops? How many shops are out there that are running 30 Amayas or more? Are they problematic? Just curious.

David Sklar
          Ballyhoo!
          Arlington, VA
          David Sklar<br />Ballyhoo!<br />Arlington, VA <br /><a href=\"http://www.ballyhoostore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ballyhoostore.com</a>

Comment

The source that first asked me about this led me to this link

If you put either Mizar Holding Company or Bernina of America in the search criteria, it looks like Bernina of America changed it name or is now owned by Mizar Holding Company.

Hmm.....

Comment

That's a state of Illinois website...isn't melco in Colorado?

Comment

Melco is in Colorado....not Illinois.

Comment

Ok...so I put in an email to a guy at Melco to resolve this issue. I should hear something back soon....As soon as I do, I will post back.

Laura
                  Julie Bug Embroidery & Designs

Comment

Ok...here is what I was given. My sales guy is awesome. He took his time to get all the information for me.

On June 30, 2012, Mizar Holding Company Inc.'s subsidiary, Melco International LLC acquired certain assets of Melco Industries Inc.

Mizar Holding Company is a group of companies in the United States focused on the Textile Industry.

Although the ownership will change, the business will remain the same, and we will continue to serve you as Melco. Mizar Holding Company has committed to maintain current operations while applying synergies and investing in new technology and market spaces.

Everybody here is pleased with events and sees this as a huge “positive”. Melco remains Melco but we are excited about the future - for both the company and our customers.

I hope this helps everyone....

Laura
                    Julie Bug Embroidery & Designs

Comment

Bernina just announced their new 16-needle machine. It looks exactly like a Melco Amaya. Anyone know what is going on?

Comment

more then likely Melco is staying viable by building the Amaya for Bernina distribution.
                        Which would be good.
                        I wonder if it is a Bravo Version or the XTS??
                        [email protected]
                        Jerome in Minnesota
                        (320)259-1151

Comment

I own 2 EMT 10s...I am worried. When Melco sold Melco Mart to Maderia...it left me and a lot of people hanging...now I wonder what is going to happen to the ability to have my machines serviced...will those of us who own EMTS and EMCS be left hanging out in the cold again.

Comment

Working...
                          X