Trimmer problems, HELP PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trimmer problems, HELP PLEASE

I'm a new Amaya XT user of 2 months now. Over the past couple days I've had major issues with trimmers not cutting top or bottom threads. Was on the phone with tech support a couple days ago. Had us take off the face plate, test the blades and run a test design. Ran well for about 20 shirts, now is acting up major again. Won't cut top or bottom thread...now is actually breaking the thread instead of cutting it. I have a huge job due Monday, and I'm panicking. Any advice would be temendously helpful.

If it helps any, I've tried about everything in the archives on the subject that is within my comprehension, everything in the less-than-detailed user's manual. Desparate would be a good word right now.

I've had the same problem. I usually try shutting down the manchine, giving it a rest, and rebooting after about 5 minutes. I think relosading the design helps...now why? I don't have a clue, but for me it seems to work. I'm hoping the techs will coome up with a permenant solution....

Comment

The trimmer in the XT Amaya is dependent on a combination of items. If they are not all working in unison, then failures will occurr. Here is a list some of these items:

Software
      Hook timing
      Z-axis timing
      trimmer housing assembly out of adjustment
      knife
      selector
      push rod cables for selector and knife
      retaining support finger for the rotary hook
      presser foot height
      needle orientation/condition
      needle case calibration
      needle plate position/orientation
      bobbin tension
      computer issues

Some others are improper lubrication of threadfeed and pinch rollers, material thickness issues, auto-actifeed/threadbreak sensor issues, thread---rayon vs poly--vs metallic, style of tie-off...debris build-up in the trimmer/selector assembly........

The point is, everything about the XT trimmers,,, IF,,, the machine is properly lubricated and in good mechanical condition, depends on timing. For the in-experienced, un-trained individual that doesn't know how to recognize a specific symtom and determine why the trimmer function is not operating in a certain way, can lead to a very frustrating experience as my good friend HERB on this group can attest to.

Sometimes it may take a tech call to figure out just what the situation is and fix the issue.

I have found that Amaya machines, once they leave the factory, live in all different kinds of environments, some good and some not so good....aaaah, the stories some of them could tell.......!

It is very difficult to diagnois the trimmer issues and have a person fix these issues over the phone, very difficult.....you cannot see the condition of the machine and /or other closely related issues that maybe involved.

Sometimes it is a simple fix and other times it is not and it will wind up being a combination of things....training and experience is the only real fix I know of to take care of this partictular issue...

Rod Springer
      Melco Amaya, EMT Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Whoops, the send button was pushed before it was supposed to be..... go to the web-page to see the "Rest of the story" as Paul Harvey would have said....

Rod Springer
        Melco Amaya/EMT Tech & Trainer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

You have all been a tremendous help! I'm still experiencing issues and yes, have spent quite some time on the phone with tech support. With my machine, it definitely appears to be timing - any combination of timing as you've listed above. Having only one head running (building slowly), my new baby is getting quite a work-out. So basically....

If anyone has a magic wand to quicken this new users learner curve SHARE!! Otherwise, I continue to learn as I go with a little help from those who have been there...done that.

This discussion board is an incredible tool, and you all are simply amazing. Many thanks, and I look forward to many more board conversations.

Comment

May I ask what format your are using? And what software did you use to create yur design?

The reason I ask is that I just did 61 shirts that only had 11 trims per shirt and ended up having 6 or 7 thread breaks PER SHIRT! Each time it would LOOK LIKE it trimmed, but just didn't cut at all or partially cut the thread. Sometimes it would drag and snap the needle, but most of the time it would just drag and I'd have to stop and cut it myself. Just about drove me crazy! I got the job done, but it was not fun!

In preparation to call tech help, I went in and looked at the design to count exactly how many trims there actually were. Low and behold, not one trim was in there. Now this is not the first time I ran this job, but I did have to go in and change the year. Well, in my fooling around with it in Embird, and changing the format from dst to pes (or whatever I did) the trims all got lost! I do not have Design Shop so make do with what I do have, which is Generations and Embird.

So, what I'm saying is that if you don't use Design Shop, it is probably the file. I was able to use Embird to put back all the trims and jumps and then it worked like a charm - no thread breaks at all.

This has been an ongoing problem for me, but with this hair-pulling experience fresh in my mind, I will be sure to check the file for trim codes. Could be your problem because what you have described is exactly what was happening to me.

Juli in Kona
            Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

my experience with no thread cutting happening...usually it is caused by 1 of 3 things we check first...
              1) pressor foot-up too high, won't cut or cuts when it feels like it
              2) length to cut between elements wasn't set to .25
              3) no trims set in design (typical of using Dakato designs without checking them through.
              Just did a bulldog from Dakato-had 6 or more LONG thread jumps between elements of the design that didn't cut.
              In DS, I was able to go in while the design was sewing and stick in a trim as I saw the jumps. When finished, save as new version (bulldog3, for example) and then reload 'new' design and sew out fixed.

Comment

Juli,
                I know you and I both use Generations and ever since I have been using export II all my trims are recognized, but every now and then, I will see the thread only partially cut or not at all. Most time if stretches the thread until the needle breaks. I've had my Amaya for 2 years now and never had a tech out, so it could need adjusted. I have cleaned under the needle plate a couple times, so it's not dirty under there. Not sure how to change the blade, but that might take care of the issue. Debbie in Indiana
                Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

Comment

I also use the Export II, so that is why I didn't check it sooner. I haven't been having a problem with it. But, IF I remember correctly, I did so much switching back and forth between pes and dst. I think that is where it got messed up. There is just something very strange about that whole thing, especially when you mix in Embird. I do wish I could afford Design Shop. But even then I'd still use Generations.

Juli in Kona
                  Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
                  X