Feed roller replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feed roller replacement?

Been stitching out the same design for 20 out of 50 pieces; it has started to go bad in an "escalating" fashion. I get a big birdnest of top thread periodically in a satin border. I watch the red feed roller and the thread feeding just ahead of it does a major "pile up" periodically - like it feeds way too much thread all of a sudden and then I get a thread break error. Is there maybe a bad roller that needs to be replaced? Machines are two years old but have had light useage. Thanks

Did you change a needle just befor this started?
    I had an operator that had the ey missaligned and it did the same thing the hook was missing the thread every few stitches.

Just a thought
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

Check your red roller for dirt and make sure it has enough grease also check the black cover under the red roller to see if the groove is deeper than it should be. It sounds as if the thread is slipping out from under the red roller or the groove has worn larger than the thread diameter and when that happens you get uncontrolled thread feed and birds nesting. Try changing thread to another needle, if that solves the problem it is isolated to that needle.
      Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Changed to another needle and all is okay, now to diagnose that needle problem! At least I have 15 more, right?

Comment

Working...
        X