Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y tracking error

Afternoon all,

was wondering if someone might take a look at this logo i was stitching out on caps, constructed front.
    I think this design sewed out fine on my emt'10t but last time i had the amaya's and it seems like it gave me trouble.
    Starts out ok, then not far in the design both machines stopped with a y tracking error. Went to maintaince did a headup, clicked ok and pushed start button, and they finished sewing.
    next hat, broke a needle right from the start.
    so i just stopped. don't know if its the design or what. If someone could take a look I would be grateful.
    e-mail me and i'll send the design.

Regards,
    Beverly Thompson
    Perdido Beach Embroidery
    [email protected]

Beverly,

I can echo this experience just last night! I have a EMT 10 needle that sewed fine. I moved to the AMAYA and got the Y-tracking error. HOwever, I ruined 3 hats like this becuase I did not know you could to to the maintenance menu and head-up My AMAYA was giving me the error at a specific point of a cicular FILL. I found that by changing the fill direction from Vertical to 45 degrees, the Y-error went away. I also broke a needle before that.

Also, my problem was on "unconstructed" hats and the Hoop-tec frame. The quality of the resultant sew geometry was so bad that I went BACK to the older 10 needle machine to finish the hats!!!!!!!!!!!! This was really dissapointing. I figure that the AMAYA hoop tecs which have a smaller diameter than the older 10 needle hat frame, creates too much friction between the inside of the hat and the needle plate area. Also, the AMAYA would turn a circle into a bad oval, where as the 10-needle would sew a perfect circle. Very long night for me last night!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks,
    Jim
    Jim W.

Comment

Working...
    X