Alignment of Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment of Design

Just received my Amaya XT and just learning to use it. Haven't gone to class yet so, I have a question. How do you align a design on the article you are embroidering so, that it is in the same location each time? Just practicing on hooping it seems you will never get the hoop in the same position each time therefore i guess you would have to move the design to the correct position. This maybe simple once you get use to using the machine but right now I can not seem to get the design in the same location each time.
    Thanks

Hi and have fun! Once you have the garmet hooped and the hoop on the machine, be certain the correct size hoop is selected in the machine tools window (the same size as the hoop you are using to hold the garment). Once the design is loaded and showing inside of the hoop on your screen, hold down the Hoop button on the machine control keypad (located on the right side of your machine - it's the button with a rectangle on it on the lower right side), and then use the arrow keys to move the design around. CAUTION! Be CERTAIN your design does not move to where the needle or presser will impact the hoop!! Be certain to "Trace" before sewing! (Trace is holding down the Hoop button on the machine control keypad, and pressing the "star" button.) I don't always explain things extremely clearly, so please refer to your Amaya OS manual that came with your machine. IF IN DOUBT, DON'T DO IT JUST BECAUSE I TYPED IT!

Comment

You will probably get many answers to this question. I personally just eyeball things and comes out fine. but when you are new it may help pick two spots to measure from, for instance a left chest design can go down from the top shoulder seam to the 8" mark and over from center fold or placket around 4" both marks represent the center of the design. Use a piece of chalk or a removable fabric pencil or in my case I will use a piec of regular scotch tape with a tab folded over so I can pull it off easier and then take a sharpie and make a black dot in the middle of it. then I place the dot where my two measurents converge, now I try to hoop the garment so that the dot is pretty close to the center of the hoop. Once the shirt is on the machine use the Hoop button and arrow keys to align the laser dot to the mark on my fabric. Then if using tape reach in anede peel off the tape and save it for the next garment, which you should be hooping while the first is running.
      This should put you in virtually the same location everytime. Try a few different ideas out that you will surely get , and see what is the most comfortable way for you.
      Good Luck,
      Ron
      Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

I take the shirts, jacket, fleece, whatever to a flat surface-and get a piece of tailors chalk. Figure out where you want the 'center' of the design on that shirt, and using the chalk and ruler, mark a line several inches longer than the design vertical and horizontal. Hopefully you have a zipper or button hem that is vertical on the item to give a straight line to go by. (Hoopmaster is a handy but $$ jig that does the centering for you.) Then measure from the same point across to the center, from the shirt shoulder hem down, and mark this point on your next shirt and so on. This is a brief description how to do it...but you should get the idea. I have a seamstress see-through clear plexi ruler-about 12" x 6" with an angle on one end-makes it real easy. Then pick the right size hoop-at the most 1-2" larger than the image so you don't waste backing material and can also hoop the material taut. Hoop it up with the chalk lines vertical and horizontal in your hoop (use a black marker to make nice reference points on the hoop. Now when you load it on the Amaya, it should be pretty darn close to dead center. Once you can get the hooping evenly in the same spot, for most jobs you won't have to recenter the hoop itself but just do a trace to double check, and start sewing.
        Short and sweet description-my advice is sign up for the training center last month-my personal feeling is the training should be done before you get the machine so you know how to run it!
        But get that class in as soon as you can-it will all make sense and you won't get frustrated!

Comment

Working...
        X