finished design restarts automatically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finished design restarts automatically

What a day!! I just got my new XT (I traded up from big red to new grey) today and chewed off every finger nail as two small built movers took new guy down a spiral staircase and then brought up old red. I finally got everything plugged in, loaded, set and brought up a small name to do a trial run. Watching the auto thread feed was amazing...a 5 letter name ran from a 1 to a 6.It stitched just fine,but it did something I'd never seen before. When the name was done, I thought it was gonna stop, but instead it jumped to the bottom of the hoop and started to stitch the name again. When I looked up at the computer screen, the name had also moved to bottom of the hoop. Is there a setting that causes the design to automatically stitch a second time in a different location of the hoop?
    Debbie ( in debt again) in Indiana
    Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

Whoa!

I just upgrade to .56 of the OS and my machine is doing this now!!!

Any of the techs out there have a way to fix this?
    Have A Great Day!!<br /><br />Nathan<br />CEO/President<br />Skyline Prints, Inc<br /><a href=\"http://www.SkylinePrints.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.SkylinePrints.com</a><br /><br />Embroidery, Screen Printing, Digital Printings, and Promotional products. <br /><br />We Bring Your Ideas To Life!<br />P.S. We have Webkinz for sale online and at our store.

Comment

well, just got off the phone with Melco. the tech said this problem has been around for a long time but only now has surfaced with .56 release. the answer is one of the following:

1) add a 'return home' at the end of the design.

2) un-install the os and drop back to the version i was on before

3) wait for the patch to come out in 4 weeks or so (no guarantee on ship date)

4) completely uninstall with special uninstall instructions being emailed to me then reinstall .56 to see if that fixes it.

not great but at least some options. i cant believe this code made it out of testing if this problem is so prevelent. just my .02....
      Have A Great Day!!<br /><br />Nathan<br />CEO/President<br />Skyline Prints, Inc<br /><a href=\"http://www.SkylinePrints.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.SkylinePrints.com</a><br /><br />Embroidery, Screen Printing, Digital Printings, and Promotional products. <br /><br />We Bring Your Ideas To Life!<br />P.S. We have Webkinz for sale online and at our store.

Comment

Hi Skyline,

Not sure who you spoke with, but some information that might clear up the issue for you.

The problem has manifested itself in different ways with different designs from different sources for quite awhile. The issue is not related to ALL files, and as far as we know at this point is only a problem for XT machines. We thought we had all bases covered but have obviously missed what is causing this in some files.

It looks like right now that it is only designs made from other software, not Design Shop, and has to do with certain a sequence of commands not being present at the end of a file. At this point. it seems it is associated with machine coded files (EXP, DST) only that do not have that "special sequence" of commands at the end of the file. By saving out of Design Shop and adding the Return To Origin this sequence of commands that designates End OF File is added and is why this is suggested as a temporary fix.

With this said, I think I have a fix in hand. The fix is not Amaya OS related, it is RSA file related. I think all of you have noticed when the machine powers up you will see a box that states RSA and CSA files are being uploaded. Each version of the machines, (Non-XT and XT) have their own RSA files. They both use the same CSA files. This is RSA file related, and we think it can be fixed by a simple file upgrade. I have an RSA file we think is going to fix the problem. But, I would like to test it on some of the files you are having problems with before I give it to anyone as a Beta release file for testing in the field.

Can you send me a file you have been having the problem with?

Jeff Banks
        Melco Embroidery Systems

Comment

Jeff,

Thanks for the information. Let me know where to send the files to. I tested 20 customer files this weekend and ALL had the problem. I even created new files and still had the issue.

I am using Wilcom for file creation.

Comment

What format are you saving them in? EXP or DST?

Can you send me a couple of them to test and evaluate? If my tests show we have it fixed, do you want to try the updated RSA file to see if it corrects the problem for you?

Send them to [email protected], or to [email protected].

Zipped if possible as when Zipped there is less chance of changes to the files by Internet Protocols.

Jeff Banks
            Melco Embroidery Systems

Comment

Jeff,

.DST formats

I called my shop and had them send a file to you. If you need more, just give Ranessa at my shop a call. 770-914-1558

Also, I am an old software tester and would love to help you test the file out.

Comment

Hi Nathan,

I did receive a file from your shop. I have run it 3 times here at Melco and it runs fine using the same versions of all files you are running. I am at a loss to pin down what is hapeening at your end. I am wondering if there is a setting or mode you are using that would make the difference. I am hoping we can get together this afternoon on the phone when you are in the shop and discuss the settings you have selected and see if I can get this duplicated here at Melco. I left a direct number at your shop to call me on, or if I know when exactly would be good I can call you.

Jeff Banks
                Melco Embroidery Systems

Comment

Thanks Jeff. I'll call u this afternoon.

I will walk u through exactly how and what I did when I upgraded. Also, the interesting thing is that is ran fine to start with. (most impressed with how much quieter the machine is and the fact that needle changes are faster).

Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

We have just purchased a XT and have the same problem. We do not use Design shop. Please post here when a solution is found.

Thanks

Comment

I completely un-installed the OS, rebooted, and re-installed again. It hasnt occured again. I have been talking with Jeff at Melco and he has been very very helpful and knowledgable.

if uninstall doesnt work, i would give melco a call and try to talk to jeff.

also, jeff is working on a patch that should clear the problem. i havent used it but i think Debbie, this string originator, has based on another posting and the patch seems to work for her.

Comment

Working...
                      X