I am doing pique knit shirts for the first time and I'm doing my first
    sample shirt to make sure everything works out. WELL I'm having trouble
    with my thread shreading during different parts of the design and then
    I stopped the machine while stitching a letter becasue I could see the
    thread was starting to shread again. Then I got an Error Message
    saying "Cluster 01 - Head 01 - Z axis timeout error". I have no idea
    what that means or what to do.

So if anyone can help with this error message and maybe give me some
    insight as to why my thread keeps shreading, I'd really appreciate it.
    It's shreading on with different needles not just one. I'm using Ball
    Point 70 needle.

FYI: I just did all the maintenance on the machine and all around the
    bobbin and needle plate are clean. My needles are new and are in the
    correct position. And the bobbin case is new. I did run about 8 woven
    shirts 2 days ago after doing maintenance and didn't have a problem,
    but it was only lettering. I have a new XT that has only been used
    since February 2008.
    Di<br />Designs by Di

Hi Di,
    Check your presser to make sure it isn't too high. I usually have mine up just one click, cuz the minute it is up too much, just the smallest, it really starts shreding. That takes care of the problem about 95% of the time for me. Also is your backing pulled tight enough in the hoop? When I have the hoop tightened about 80%, I pull on the stabilizer one more time and also push the outside hoop down against the fabric as far as it will go. This gives you that "tight as a drum" feel that is so important for a good stitch out. When I get a Z axis error I have been able to get out of it by just pressing the red X and just escaping out of the message window. Other times I have had to reset the design, but be sure to jot down your stitch number and x & y numbers so you know where you were and can start back up at the same position. Also you may want to try some 75 needles. On polos I will usually use a no show mesh against the fabric (for a good drape of the fabric) and a soft medium weight tearaway on the outside. HTH Debbie in soggy Indiana
    Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

Comment

Thank you Debbie, I am so nervouse about this job but I'll try your suggestions although I do think I have it hooped real well. But maybe my pressure foot is too high.

What material thickness do you use for pique knits? The machine default is 3 pts but the suggestion for knits is 5. What do you use? I'm using the Auto Acti-feed so can I still adjust the material thickness?

Thank you so much for your help!!!
      Di<br />Designs by Di

Comment

Di, Sorry I didn't answer sooner, but we've had severe storms tonight and lost power a couple times. So, I always shut down the computer and machines when that happens. We had 2 1/2 inches of rain this morning in one hour, so once again my shop (in my basement) partially flooded, which meant several hours of using a shop vac and drying the carpet with high velocity fans. FEMA is coming out to check-out our level of damage tomorrow morning, so maybe we can start making repairs to the outside of the house so this won't keep occurring!!! But, back to your situation ;} I usually keep my machine on acti-feed so never have to worry about material thickness. The acti-feed jumps all over the place, so I really wouldn't know what number to use. And, actually when I was manually setting the thickness, mine would always be different than my sister-in-laws! Gotta go, tho, lightening is getting BAD again!! DEBBIE
        Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

Comment

Wow, that's crazy!!!! Sorry to hear your basement flooded again, that would get real old real quick. I hope you're able to make the repairs real soon.

Thanks for all your help, I didn't think I had to deal with the material thickness if the Acti-feed was on but I started second guessing myself.
          Di<br />Designs by Di

Comment

Working...
          X