Trimming problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trimming problems

I am having and have had trimming problems from the beginning. At about 3 months, I had a tech come to my house and service my new machine, but he said there was nothing wrong with the trimming. Wrong! And I am fed up. I have put up with this for one year now and I am going to solve this problem!

I did the AMTRIM test and had 22% either no trim or pull outs. That is wayyyyyy to many. Something is definitely wrong!

I did call tech support and we did the knife and grabber tests. Everything appears OK.

BUT -- when I take the new knife that was originally supplied with the new machine and cut a thread with it, there is a certain amount of pressure that will cut the thread. Now, with the blade extended (on my machine) I do the same test of trying to cut a hand held thread. The pressure needed to make it cut is very much more than using the new knife. In fact, sometime I have to wrap the thread around my finger to keep it from slipping. I think the knife is dull or damaged somehow. Since I have always had trimming problems it is IMHO probably damaged somehow. So, I think that if I change the knife, it will help the situation. But I can't find any directions to do that.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Juli -

call your tech. it's not that hard. they can talk you through it in about 5 minutes. I did mine a few months back when Rod talked me through it on the phone. I'm confident you can do it.
    Tom Dauria<br />Mr. Sew & Sew

Comment

Juli,
      I had the same problem on one of my machines since day one. Last week when the tech (Sam)came to install my sequin attachment he found that the motor for the trimmer was bad!! He had one sent overnight and installed it the next day and it has been bliss since.

Comment

Just reporting: I called Tech again and told Curtis that I wanted to change the knife. He had previously told me that changing the knife rarely fixed trimming problems. Well, we changed it and when I ran the AMTRIM test, it was 100%! No miss trims, no Threads coming out of the needle - just perfect. And to think that I could have done this ages ago and saved myself all that grief!

So, now that I have used my extra knife, I thought I'd put in an order for that and whatever else I am going to need at one year into my machine. I thought I'd get 16 new red thread feeders and the yellow ones beneath them. Anything else I should consider getting?

Juli in Kona
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
        X