splitting a closed shape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• splitting a closed shape?

Is there a way to split a solid object such as the outline of a circle, digitized using a run stitch? I'd like to be able to put a break in the shape and then connect it with another shape, but both shapes are closed with no end points. Basically, I want to be able to have four end points that I can connect together to make one closed shape. Is there a way to do this?
    Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Yes,

It would be a lenghty explanation as you did not indicated Ver 7 vs Ver 9.....It is called "Split Element" in both but is an icon in the toolbar in & and found under the "Object" dropdown menu in Ver9.

Check out your "Help" section for "Split Element" in DS, as splitting Singleline vs Column 1 vs fills vs walk stitches has slight variations. Just know that you cannot split between "Curved" wireframe points, only "Straightline" points, meaning that you may need, in some cases, to add straight line wireframe points to split in a required area.

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I find it much faster and less stressful to just 'draw' the outline you need to end up with by going over the two pieces with the 'walk' tool...then changing it to the type of element you want and then deleting the others under it. Have you also considered 'combine element' as another way to do it? Then if you have parts of the square for example where you don't need it, just delete or move those points to reshape your new element.

Comment

I'm using V9. I didn't see an icon on the toolbar so, I just re-traced the whole thing because I didn't have time to look around to figure it out. Also, 'combine elements' wasn't an option ('Twas grayed out). Thanks though, at least I'll know where to look to split elements next time!
        Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

Working...
        X