Design thread colors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design thread colors.

We have many commercially created designs from several commonly used sources in the industry. When we load these files into Design Shop 9.0 or directly into the Melco Operating System the design colors are all wrong. The thread design colors, when displayed in the Melco software, is not even close to the colors designed into the embroidery pattern. This is not the case when we digitize or design a pattern from scratch in DS. Can someone tell us where we are going wrong? I don’t think every pattern designed by a third party should behave like this.
    Bruce & Suzanne<br />B&S Enterprises

You may need to set your color pallette to match the thread brand they used. It will use colors you may have in some of your palletts you are currently using. On your machines, in settings, you will need to uncheck "use colors from design", then the colors you assign to the design will show in the color settings at the bottom of the box when using the "color sequence" in Amaya. Otherwise color 1 is whatever color 1 happened to be in your pallet.

Comment

It depends on what the file extension is on the design you purchased is. If it is not an ".ofm" file it will load odd colors into the Amaya and Design Shop. That is why when we purchase a design from Dakota or anywhere else, we see if they have the .ofm file extension. If the file comes into design shop and isn't as an expanded file I will just change the colors to what I want and re-save. I also keep a file card on my client designs so I know what colors I have used for them.
      Hope this helps.

Linda
      R&J Screenprinting & Embroidery Inc.
      Whether for individuals, companies or students, R&J Screenprinting & Embroidery, Inc. in West Branch produces high-quality prints, binding work, copies and creative gifts.

Comment

I have a question about setting the colors to show up when i bring a design up to show the right colors in the color boxes at the bottom of color sequence do you know the setting i need to do that., if i am not making any sence please pm me and i will explain [email protected]

Comment

If the design is in a different format than ofm, I open it in DS, assign the specific colors and brand of thread I want it to have, save as an ofm file and then when it is loaded onto a machine, the boxes should show your colors. If you hover over the colored box, it will tell you the color. I myself assign my colors to my thread tree so they show in real color, not blank. I like the visual aspect because it's easy to see your colors, and easy to pick one that's used very little to change to a different color if needed. You need to Uncheck "use colors from design" in the Tools / Settings tab to do this. Just remember you must assign your colors and save as ofm 1st.

Comment

Thanks to all who answered the question Special thanks to Rod who answered questions I didnt even ask of him ....but I needed to know just didnt know how to ask .....Thank you again.Norma (TylerTx)

Comment

Working...
            X