pulling bobbin thread to top on purpose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulling bobbin thread to top on purpose

So I'm trying to get all cute and want to pull the bobbin thread to the top to avoid the knotting on the back. The back stitching is decorative and exposed on the finished object.
    The way I figured to do it was to go into head timing and then adjustment+down, adjustment+up at the keypad while holding the top thread. This seems to do the trick, but then I 'OK' out of head timing, depress the start button and once it runs for a few stitches, the auto feed thickness jumps up from 3 or 4 to 40. I switch it back to manual thickness, drop the feed back to 3 or 4, run the machine for a few stitches, switch back to auto and it runs fine after that. This happened 2 consecutive times after working fine 2 or 3 times prior. Twice I got a z-axis time out error on the adjustment+down.
    I have an XT, running OS v10 flex.
    This is definitely not a routine occurance, I just am trying this trick for the first time today. I think the head timing solution is not a good one?
    Any suggestions? Other than stop being fixated on keeping that back knot from forming?
    Thanks,
    M
    Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC
Working...
X