Laser Alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser Alignment

I am wondering if one can use the new laser alignment feature to line up designs straight on hats. Some hats just don't hoop well, and I thought this feature would be great to use. I checked with melco techs and here is the response:Thank you for the email, yes laser alignment should work on caps. I know that when you are in Design Shop you must add a vector line, this is how the Amaya OS knows how to align. There is step by step instruction in the Amaya OS help system located in the AOS software.
    What is he talking about when stating I need to add a vector line in design shop. I checked the help section and it made no mention of this vector line. I thought we were telling it where to line up by using the laser and left, right hoop buttons as it shows in the help section.

I would say that it means he does not know what he is talking about.

I have never altered any design, most are not created in DS and they work just fine with the laser alignment feature..
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

Jerome, You're too funny. Love your responses, and they are right on the money most times, I just didn't want to be the one to say they don't know what they're talking about 50% of the time.

Comment

if you are just using the laser alignment to align you do not need to add a vector line. Yes, it can be used to align to a cap. the vector line in DesignShop is an additional tool that allows you to resize and align. Both of these options have instructions on how to use them in the operators manual for AOS.
        thanks,
        mike doe

Comment

Mike,
          I am interested in this function, do you mind being more especific of where in the operator manual is that info? I've serached for it but was unsuccesful.
          Thanks
          Jazmin
          Jazmin in San Antonio<br /><a href=\"http://www.PoshLittleThings.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.PoshLittleThings.com</a>

Comment

Jazmin,
            below is a link to an online version of the AOS operators manual. The laser alignment only is available in AOS v9 and v10 in S.E. and Flex+ levels.
            The laser alignment with scalability was added in AOS v10 in S.E. and Flex+ levels. This also requires a v9 version of DesignShop that has vector capabilities.

go to this link:

and search on:

Scaling Designs with Laser Registration:

Design Registration:

thanks,
            mike doe

Comment

Yes, they do have info on using a vector line in design shop for laser alignment. Did not see this info in the help section as far as adding the line in design shop, only how to use it on the machines for pockets, stripes, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X