Alphabet code sheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alphabet code sheets

I get to the alphabet code sheets, click on the link and Design Shop shuts down. Don't know what to do about it. Any suggestions?

From what I remember, the code sheets are a memory hog. It might be overloading 'puter's memory.

Comment

Yes, it happens to me also! I've got lots of memory!
      Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

Comment

You can get to the code sheet by going into explore. If you go to the melco folder under programs, open the DesignShop folder, there is a PDF file called alphabets. Just drag it to the desktop. I know it not as convienient as in the properties window of DS but it wont crash from there.

Steve I.
        Trinity Embroidery
        Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

The size of the code sheet PDF is 14.5MB

Steve Ingram
          Triity Embroidery
          Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

I've just been having this issue since upgrading to Adobe Reader version X/10. From what I can tell, Adobe now requires you to use its built in start menu, rather than just clicking to open a file. This causes Design Shop to hang up because it's diligently trying to open this file but never being able to complete the action because of Adobe's new requirement. Quite a pain in the neck but I can understand Adobe's business perspective of trying to force travel to their site.
            What I did to get around it was to open Adobe, then use their "open" option to search for the Alphabet Code Sheet file in the Melco Embroidery Systems folder under Programs. Now, when I need the code sheet I just go into Adobe directly and it's there in my recently used files page. I've crashed DS several times by automatically clicking on the Code Sheet button in the text editor but I'm sure with time the new process will become automatic.

Comment

Working...
            X