Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DesignShop making an outlined only shape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DesignShop making an outlined only shape?

How do I make a shape that is not filled but has only a satin stitched border? But without having to actually draw the shape, point by point. So like using the complex fill tool that automatically makes a circle or rectangle, but I don't want it filled--just has a thick satin stitched border/outline? I know you can do it by using columns and marking each point, but then it's not a perfect circle. I hope I'm explaining what I want correctly and someone can help?
    Thanks, MJ
    Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

I don't have my system up now, but could you do it the wayyou wanted, then using "Change Object Type" get it to go from a complex fill toa border?

Comment

All you have to do is select the column tool select the same shape tool you do when you use the complex fill tool. and create your shape.
      it works with the running/ walk stitch tool also.
      [email protected]
      Jerome in Minnesota
      (320)259-1151

Comment

Jerome, thanks so much!!! I knew there had to be a way to do it--I didn't think about combining the two functions! Wow! Awesome!

Judy, thanks also, but I have the regular DesignShop (not Pro) so I don't think the Change Element is available for me?
        Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by Greenwing View Post
          All you have to do is select the column tool select the same shape tool you do when you use the complex fill tool. and create your shape.
          it works with the running/ walk stitch tool also.
          I learn so much new stuff here everyday! Thank you all for sharing your knowledge!

Comment

Working...
          X