thread slipping out of thread feed arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thread slipping out of thread feed arm

I have been stitching the same design for the past week, on a large order I received. I'm having trouble with one of my colors slipping out from under the red pinch roller and then too much thread feeds, causing a huge nest of thread on the bottom. I just did the maintenance on these before this job and replaced all of the red pinch rollers, as well as some of the yellow feed rollers. I've never had this happen before. It does fine for a while, then it will "jump" out several times in a row. All looks ok to me...any suggestions on how to solve this?
    Also, on another note, my bobbin detection isn't telling me when the bobbin runs out, even with it checked to "on". Any ideas of why this is happening?
    Thanks so much for your help!
    Blessings~cindy

As to the roller issue. You mentioned that you had just performed this maintenance. Usualy, when thread is feeding off of the roller, it means that you have gotten some grease on the face of the pinch and/or the threadfeed roller(s). You need to take these out and wash them in warm soapy water. Lubricate them after doing this, being very careful not to transfer any grease to the face of the roller(s).

On the bobbin issue....is "All thread protection" checked on? Thed crome tube that runs horizontal accross the face of the needlecase is your threadbreak sensor. Gently push this back and forth and gently rotate it back and forth. This sometimes helps the sensor to respond better.

It may be necessary to reinstall your AOS software to see if some glitch has happened...

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I don't know what type of bobbins you use, but I recently tried out NEB bobbins because everyone seems to like them - one thing that I don't like about them is that some of them are fastened at the end so that instead of the bobbin thread running out cleanly producing a bobbin break message, the machine keeps sewing, pulling the upper thread tight until it breaks. This probably isn't what you're talking about, but I thought it worth mentioning.

Comment

Thanks, Rod...I will check that. I did take them out and wipe them off, in case that was the case, but I will wash them and re-lubricate.

Yes, "enable all thread detection" is checked. I will check the chrome rod...thanks for your help!
        Blessings~cindy

Comment

I just had a thread feed roller that kept falling sideways of the arm. I have replaced the thread feed assemblies on both machines but did not throw away any pinch rollers. This roller was bigger inside than the new ones and would not snap in. Looks like I will have to watch all the pinch rollers until I find the loose ones.
          Creating the best First Impressions with custom embroidery.<br /><br />Jo Leftwich<br /> <a href=\"http://www.justsewitllc.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.justsewitllc.com</a>

Comment

Thanks for the responses...I've not had a chance to get back to my job, but will later tonight! I love this forum!!!
            Blessings~cindy

Comment

Working...
            X