Thread breaks? Not really..Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread breaks? Not really..Help please

I am hoping someone can shed some light here.

I am having constant stops for thread breaks that are not.

I am stitching out some lettering and the machine is cutting and then pulling the thread from the needle. in between each word it does not break during the stitching of the letters just in between.

I have checked the bobbin, bobbin case, rotary hook, cutter cleaned and oiled all the above no help.
    I also ran the cutter test to see if it was moving properly seemed to be.
    I have checked and retreaded the upper thread path it seems fine.

I’m stumped-
    I am very new to this machine and I have very little understanding as to the proper settings.
    I have tried the acti feed setting at 1,2,3&4 auto and standard. Standard seemed better not good only got through two trims.

I do have the presser foot adjusted one click from the bottom. all the way down seemed too tight.

I have gone in and change the tail length from med to long it did not help.

Please could someone give me the proper settings for a light weight woven fabric with 1.5 oz cutaway with it. 100% Cotton broadcloth
    the design is sewing fine no puckering.

the training focused on people that did not know how to turn on the machine and did not provide much in the way of actual settings. a lot of you will just have to test it out .
    which I under stand but I am not sure what to change or adjust.
    and Melco support is not geared for me doing this at midnight on Saturdays and sundays.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED!
    Jerome
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

What is the column width of the lettering?

If the column width is too narrow, it can display the symptoms you are describing. If you are running Design Shop Pro + (assuming lower versions as well) you can check the minimum width in the lettering property box, under the columns tab towards the bottom on left. I usually set mine to a min of 1.2 or 1.4 for lettering.

Hope this helps.

Susan

Comment

Thanks for the reply

I checked the min column width is 8pt is that high or low in comparison to 1.2 to 1.4?

The stitching is fine though.

I can sit there and watch it it finishes the word then cuts sometimes it cuts and then pulls right out of the needle as it starts sewing the next word.

the only time it does not come out of the needle is if it does not cut and then it partially cuts and shreads on the needle with in the first 20 sts or so.

It is always after a Trim

and never in the middle of the word.

I am pulling my hair out.
      I will sew some other design and see if it is the design.

this is frustrating!
      wheres that "Vodka" LOL!!

Jerome
      [email protected]
      Jerome in Minnesota
      (320)259-1151

Comment

Oh yes I have the slow walk stitch up to 8 now.
        most of the time it don't make it to one.

Jerome
        [email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

Has this machine sewed fine previously? Did you just take delivery? Was it new or used?
          John Yaglenski
          Amayausers.com - Webmaster
          Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
          Hilton Head Island, SC
          http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

My machine is new and received 4 April 08

The project I am doing is a pome in 4 sections for a special order and I am on the 3rd of the 4 and it has started acting up.

I was able to sew another design out and it worked ok.
            I moved the therad from needle 2 to needle 6 and restarted got a ful line done before the first break.

I can't even sew the ones I did before they screw up also.
            and the first time not one thread break.
            go figure...
            Jerome
            [email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

I don't want to say this too loud the machine may hear.

it is sewing without a break.

Did nothing different.

just went and poored mysef a drink and sat down beside it with the intension of rethreading after every word and it took off.

PLEASE keep your toes crossed for me....

I really wish I could find some sorce of more info about these machines, the basic training was just that.

I am bound for tech training in July hope that is more benifical.

Thanks Jerome
              [email protected]
              Jerome in Minnesota
              (320)259-1151

Comment

Just an update here this problem has not gone away,
                I am going on 15 days of not being able to run without thread breaks at trims.

I have had the tech here for 5 hours last friday and again from 10:30 am till 4:30 pm today.
                Still no fix.

the tech is stumped.

the trimmer, selector, hook timing, needle gap setting, calabration, retaining finger and anything else we could think of checks out fine.

the software has been reinstalled as per Melco's instructions including removing all registry entrys, still nothing. My files stitch out on the tech's machine fine no breaks

It seems that sometimes not always the thread in not being pulled tight for the trims. and this is causing the selector or knife to malfunction.

I have no Idea what to do next.

What are my options with Melco.

I am under the first 90 days.

I have work backing up and no way to get it done.

I have been tring to do what I can by farming it out. but I get nothing for this, as I have to pay for the work. A lot of lost income.

Any thoughts???

I am at the end of my rope and there is no knot!
                [email protected]
                Jerome in Minnesota
                (320)259-1151

Comment

I am sure the tech checked this but what is the trimmer type set at? I had some trouble with trimmers a while back and the software was setting the wrong type trimmer. They would cycle and act as if they were trimming but would sometimes cause the symptoms you are describing. If the tech did not check that, you may want to get him or tech support on the phone and go through the process to make sure you have the setting correct for the type of trimmer you have in your machine. I know Melco was working on a new trimmer type but am not sure if they are installing them in new machines yet.

Steve I.
                  Trinity Embroidery
                  Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Yes we did set the trimmer type it is "0" and that is correct. per melco.

I actually think it has more to do with the thread feed then the trimmer.

the trimmer in fireing correctly the problem is that the thread is loose and twisted under the sinker plate when it is at a trim. and the machine is suposeto draw it tight to be trimmed. but many times it does not.

I know my tech is doing a great job at tring to find this problem.

I hope he will be able to get a handle on it soon.
                    [email protected]
                    Jerome in Minnesota
                    (320)259-1151

Comment

Just an update on my problem with the trimmer.

Well no good info here after being unable to use the machine since it arrived, on April 4th and the tech spending three days here trying to fix it 6 to 8 hours each day. it is working worse then ever.

I was informed that htey are going to replace the machine.

I am going to ask them to PLEASE let me know what was wrong with this one if they ever are able to get it working.
                      I hope they will.

I al so hope that the new machine won't repeat this problem.
                      [email protected]
                      Jerome in Minnesota
                      (320)259-1151

Comment

How very frustrating! Well, here's wishing you good luck with your new machine.

Juli in Kona
                        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Juli I will let you all know if they ever let me know what was up with this machine.
                          [email protected]
                          Jerome in Minnesota
                          (320)259-1151

Comment

Ok all how many of you are running your machines on MS Vista??

I was sent a new machine from melco and it is doing the same thing as the other.

Missed trims.

with the first we removed the amaya os and reinstalled it.
                            so figured it was OK.

The computer is ONLY used for the Amaya in fact bought just for it.
                            It is running on Vista, it was all that was avail.
                            Am I going to have to buy XP??

I can not figure this out.

I should just give up,, this is so frustrating.

Any Ideas

IT CAN'T BE THE MACHINE&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
                            [email protected]
                            Jerome in Minnesota
                            (320)259-1151

Comment

If possible, try using a computer or laptop running XP and see if you still have these problems. Does Melco say that it's Vista compatible?

Comment

Working...
                              X