No announcement yet.

Thread breaks? Not really..Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What version of the OS are you using? Hopefully your tech has you up to date?

Design Shop and OS are indeed Vista Compatible after a certain version number - I would thing that would have been one of the first things checked though knowing you are on Vista. It should not be an issue though.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Yes melco says the version of the OS is the latest and vista compatible.

I uninstalled everything OS design shop and cleaned the registry. re installed just the OS
      and it still does it.

I just can not figure out why two different machines have the same problem.

I have a nothe computer with XP and it does the same thing on it. I guess I may just have to throw in the towel.
      Unless they come up with some results.
      [email protected]
      Jerome in Minnesota
      (320)259-1151

Comment

If it does the same thing with XP, then it's not Vista that's the problem. I forgot what your original problem was? Things to check (maybe you already did) . . . memory, video driver, ethernet cords/setup . . . since both your OS (MS and Melco) are up todate, it's isolating the problem to hardware.

Comment

Hello all
          I just wanted to let you all know where I was with my problem about poor trimming.

Melco offerd me to return the machine withat 15% restock fee .
          I rejected that then they came back withan offer to install a beta test Trimmer and the tech from denver to install it.
          I am sew in with the new trinner now and cross your fingers and toes it seems to be working.
          in the past 2.5 hours I have sewn out what took me 26 housr previously.
          only two thread breaks in over 200,000 stitches at 1200 spm so I am very pleased !!!!
          I can finally use my machine after having it for almost three months.
          Oh I for got the maion reason I refussed the return offer was not the restock fee I almost went for that just to get out of the frustration but Melco wanted me to sign a nondiscloser agreement. to never tell why I had to return the machine.

Boy I wonder if that is why you never here about the trouble folks have. Because Melco is trying to force them to keep quiet.

The only thing with the new trimming system is that it does leave tails about 1/2 to 3/4 " on the back.
          BUT I CAN LIVE WITH THAT!!!

Thanks again for all your help
          [email protected]
          Jerome in Minnesota
          (320)259-1151

Comment

Wow Jerome. A discloser agreement preventing you from consumer ratings? Really? Wow. Good for you that you didn't go for it and shame on Melco for suggesting you should.

Comment

The disclosure agreement is to protect Melco. There isn't anything wrong with that. I wonder if Kevin is the Denver Tech who came out? He always leaves with my machines running smooth as silk. Kevin, your still the best even though you moved way out to Denver. Luckily I am a corporate customer so I still will get to see him sometimes.
              Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

I am sorry but there is something wrong with a company not being able to stand behind there machines. With knowledge and quality
                Having to rely on a gag order to keep their mistakes quite.
                I am up and running now and am thankful for it.
                don't get me wrong.
                But they have NO IDEA WHAT WAS WRONG WITH MY MACHINE. (Still) and had to replace it with a system that is not avail. to all. that is still in beta testing.
                I hope I don't have problems with it as I will have to have the DENVER tech "yes it was Kevin" and his high cost of travel out to fix it.
                But my concern is all along for over two months melco insisted no one ever has complained to them about their trimmers. Well I received seven privet emails from this group begging me to let them know When & how I got it resolved as they have had the same issue and melco and the techs could not figure it out. AND told them the same song and dance about this being a new issue, this is not how a reputable company works.
                Now I may have been born on a Tuesday but it was not LAST Tuesday.
                Someone is not being truthful and I really don't think it was the folks that contacted me.
                You may feel it is OK for a company to try and COVER UP problems to keep down potential litigation and costs but that is the exact mentality that cause the problem. And will keep it going.
                If melco had to face the issue they would have to fix it. they are secretly as they have the new trimmer in beta.
                You may say that people would not buy them if they knew they were not a trouble free as the salesrep. Said. DUHHH that is my point they would put out a more refined product and we all would be better off.
                [email protected]
                Jerome in Minnesota
                (320)259-1151

Comment

Any chance it is in the digitizing? I've had that happen before

Comment

What machine is this...XT...XTS....EMT 16....Bravo.......Bravo Generation 2 ????
                    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

It is possible that the thread is old and needs to be replaced?
                      Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

You all are replying to a post that is 8 years old.
                        no not a digitizing issue
                        it was an XT the bravo did not exist
                        and the thread was brand new ( at the time)
                        the following year melco dumped the old trimmer
                        and started selling the XTS with the updated trimmer
                        they installed in my XT.

This issue no longer exists.

FYI
                        [email protected]
                        Jerome in Minnesota
                        (320)259-1151

Comment

My machine does this often as well. So frustrating! Mine is out of warranty so no tech help unless I pay!
                          Tricia
                          Sharp Threads
                          Almont, MI

Comment

I have the same frustrating trim problems - but not all the time, just some of the time. And, yes, I have to sit there and babysit it! Actually I hate embroidery now. However I'm the only person in town that will do small and one off jobs, so I just can't quit. And I am a plane ride, hotel bill and a car rental away from a tech. And if we have to wait for parts, how many days is that? Big mulla any way you look at it. But it sure would be nice to run jobs all the time with no troubles. My friend has a Tajima and doesn't have these kinds of problems. My XT was bought in '06 so old trimmer. If I had known there could be fix for this years ago, I might have gone for it. But now I am so frustrated I can hardly stand it!
                            Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
                            X