Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an oval shape? anyone in Houston

ok... its me again
    i looked and looked for a button and couldnt find one.
    i need to make a horizonal oval with letters in the middle with a straight line going through the oval. how do i make a oval and a straight line?
    also is there anyone out there in or around the Houston area?? i would love to hook up with some folks to get help/tips on working this thing. i had a PR600 and PE design for years and now i feel like i dont know what in the He** i am doing anymore. simple projects that would have taken me five minutes is now taken an hour! i even had to turn a lady away cause i couldnt get her fabric straight in the hoop! I'm sorry but those few days in Denver was not enogh training for me.

I too was a PED / PR600 person and had trouble at first with the round hoops. I have used the shapes tool on the tool bar for ovals and to draw a line you use the single-line center, etc., for a satin stitched line or the walking-stitch tools for the other. Hold down the control key as you draw the line and it will be straight.

On the round hoops I made a template similar to the ones for the PR600 in my DS with the origin selected and went to kinko's and printed them on plastic. Then I put hash marks on the hoops where the center should be. I asked Melco to make templates but it's not on their agenda at the moment. They recommended the All-in-One hooper. Hope this helps a little.

Linda Webster
    www.fancyneedles.com
    [email protected]
    Linda Webster<br /><a href=\"http://www.fancyneedles.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fancyneedles.com</a><br />[email protected]

Comment

phunter, I am trying to send you a private message, but that seems to be disabled. Why don't you enable it? And what is your name? I can help you with design placement.

Juli in Kona
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

i was trying to get back into my account and i think i am doing something wrong....hmmm ??
        email me at phunter at riviana dot com

phyllis

Comment

i think this post need to be MOVED, but i cant do that either.
          i think i should have been in the "HOW TO" section

Comment

I'm located in Katy, TX, west of Houston. Off Wednesdays and Sundays, work full time at a sewing shop. Call me at 281-389-0736 or email at [email protected] if I can help in any way. Edna
            Etched In Thread
            Preserving Your Memories in Thread

Comment

Edna
              I'm in Pearland, i will give you a call.

thanks

Comment

Phyllis,I understand your situation. I have a EMP 6 and i still use this machine over my amaya. I do so because I feel comfortable operating it and it simple. The training is not enough and I have watch the cds a million times. Frustrating to say the least. My problem is everything looks great and centered on screen and even center the hoop before starting but when the product come out, it's crooked. There has got to be an easier way to run these machines.

Carolyn
                You Gotta Love It!<br /><a href=\"http://www.elegant-embroidery.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.elegant-embroidery.com</a>

Comment

I think the original question in this thread got sidetracked.
                  To create an oval, there are several ways to do it. There is already a bank of preformatted shapes that came with Designshop, squares, circles, ovals, with the satin stitch outline. These are accessed through a pull down menu button. Once on your design, you can stretch, manipulate, etc. to the size you need, then use properties menu to change the stitch width.
                  Or, there is a pullout button on the tool bar, has stars, circles, ovals, etc. and you click the one you want, then 'pull and drag' to get the size needed-then add your outer single line or column outline, whatever you want. To add a straight line, you click on your 'walk normal stitch', or 'single line' stitch, or 'column' stitch button. Click once where you want one end, then move the mouse sidways and keep the line straight (no 'steps' in it) and click at the end. Now you have a perfectly straight line.
                  For the hooping problem...your design is level, the machine is going to sew it level, and the hoop is level...it's how you are hooping the fabric that is making it crooked. Take your hoops, and mark the 'center' of the 'wings' on each side of the circle. Extend this mark down inside the frame , there is your horizontal dead on line mark. Then with a little creative measuring, you can mark the hoop itself with vertical top and bottom 'center' marks.
                  Now, when you hoop something-lay it flat on a table (I use one of my screenprinting platens) and use seamstress 'chalk' (looks like a little 'wedge'and feels waxy) and a ruler to mark the horizontal 'level' line lightly, and a vertical line for your center. Use the seam line on a polo as a vertical line if you have to. Most good quality shirts you can use the 'fabric' lines as vertical also. Sometimes we use masking tape and place that on the shirts, mark with a pencil, and then hoop it-use the marks you made on your hoop to line up horizontal and vertical---and now everything should end up level and straight.
                  Takes just a little practice. I had the process down pat, my wife could never get the hang of it. After I screwed up a couple dozen polos by trying to 'eyeball' the lineup, we bought the ALl In One Hooper and problems were gone. Every shirt, dead on straight and in the same place.
                  Anyone that wants to order an All in One, I arranged for a 10% discount you can get from Sal!

Roland

Comment

Just sent you both either an email or direct PM from here...with my phone number if you want to call me I'll walk you through making the oval and/or how to hoop straight.

Roland

Comment

OMG thanks for taking the time to write all that!! i will go through the steps!
                      THANK YOU!!

Comment

Working...
                      X