Y motor tracking error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y motor tracking error

I just did some of the major maintenance and oiling, as it was time for it. I'm trying now to do some work and my slimline will not clear the arm...it will say Y motor tracking error. The edge of the frame hits the arm and I do not remember it happening before. The slimline has not been adjusted in any way and I'm not sure what is going on...any suggestions?
    Blessings~cindy

Are you using a different design with the slimline? Perhaps one that goes too near the bottom, and maybe just a little heavy (the garment, that is) so that the edge catches. As mentioned today in other posts, a support table under or simply just holding it up a bit would work. Or you could adjust it to tip up in front. I am supposing that it is catching on the forward edge.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I have done that and I do use a table to support the heavy part. Actually, it's catching even w/nothing in it. Once it's clamped down, the front edge goes down further than the arm. And I've repositioned the screws to make it tilt upwards more...weird!
      Blessings~cindy

Comment

Dear Blessings Cindy,
        Your slimline must, and I emphasize MUST, be adjusted to your machine before using it. There are four adjustment screws towards the back of it. You also want to make your adjustments with the clamp in the CLOSED position and you want to make sure that the clamp is just above the needle plate. Figuring that when you add the weight of the garment it will pull the underside of the clamp down to where it touches the needleplate. Also verify that the rear of the slimline is just barely off the top of the sewing arm.
        Take pains when using this device as it's great for what it was intended but was not a part of the original design of the machine. Kind of like when you try to transport a matress on the top of your car. You can get it home from the store this way but will be a real bitch if you don't tie the rope tight enough. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Remember this hoop was made to fit all machines and this is why it must be adjusted for your AMAYA machine.
        Ed Orantes
        Melco Tech & Trainer
        504-258-6260
        -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
        X