moving machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving machine

I will be moving to a new home this Saturday and have had nightmares about moving my Amaya. "She" will be going down into the finished basement, so we must navigate a staircase that bends sharply in the middle. If anyone has a suggestion or recommendation about transporting and moving "her" into her new home, PLEASE let me know. ALL ideas will be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately my DH threw out the original box without my knowledge. Has anyone devised a special way to pack the machine? THANKS Debbie in Indiana
    Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

Debbie,
    In moving the Amaya, there are some definite "Do Not Do's", especially up and down staircases.

The PRIMARY part of the machine to protect is the needle case. Whenever possible, always lift and carry the Amaya from the sides. If this is not possible when travesing a stairway, make sure that the needle case is always on the UPHILL side so that pressue from someones arms or chest does not get against the needle case. DO NOT EVER allow someone to lift the Amaya using the needle case as a handle. DO NOT EVER allow someone to shove the Amaya from side to side by shoving against the needle case.

Moving the Amaya should not create a problem. It is not a good idea to leave the Amaya on it's stand as it is top heavy and if not securely braced may topple over or bounce off of the stand on bumpy roads, etc...

Lifting the Amaya off of it's stand and placing it of a thick peice of builders foam and protecting the needle case from anything bumping against it will do nicely. DO NOT let anyone tie bracing straps of any kind to any part of the neddle case assembly to brace the Amaya. It depends on the vehicle you are planning on transporting it in. We have transported one of ours, in our Chev Trailblazer, by removing the thread pallete without any issues and did not use any foam. We used a lot of pillows to protect the machine frome moving around. It was too tall to fit without removing the pallette.

Just protect that needle case while carrying and transporting and use something to absorb vibration, bumping etc, to soften the shock load and you should not have any problems....hope this is of some help.

Rod Springer
    Embroidery Cottage
    Melco Trained Tech
    208-938-3038
    Boise,ID
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Great advice Rod!
      John Yaglenski
      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
      Hilton Head Island, SC