WACF problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WACF problems

Have 2 Amaya XT's...........and can't manage run caps to save my business or my life!!

Can't seem to keep the cap from slipping off the frame. The metal strap will not lock securely enough to prevent the cap from vibrating loose at the 2 O'Clock position which ruins the registration. I've hooped it tight as can be...I've hooped it not so tight...I've tightened every screw on the frame itself.

Bottom line is that this is a less than desirable design, as no matter what I do, I can't keep the cap from slipping off the frame!

Anybody out there who can tell me what I might be missing? I'm all ears!!

Not happy in NJ

What hat are you trying to run?
    I have no problems with running caps on the XT. In fact I don't even use my Non-XT for caps any more.
    I did have problems with the NU-Fit hats though coming off the frame, just as you have described. So I use my cap frames that have the double strap. They hold ANY kind of cap.
    Hope this helps.
    LuAnn
    LuAnn @ Image Embroidery<br />Because Your \"Image\" Matters

Comment

Using "Otto Caps" 5 panel hats. I managed to sew out a few successfully. But this problem is a stickler! Obviously a number of you out there are OK with the WACF on the XT. So it is either my hooping technique or I have some bum cap frames!
      We will just keep at until we conquer it!

Comment

Resolved most of my WACF issues. I attribute the problems to not having the rim/sweatband part of the cap lying flat enough against the circumference/rim of the cap frame.....this was causing the cap to shift during the sew out and ruin the registration.

Many thanks to Herb from Royal Embroidery in Idaho for his helpful advice!

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X