Considering buying a cutter for Twill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering buying a cutter for Twill

I am considering buying a cutter because I do so much Tackle Twill. Any comments about how easy-or difficult- it is to link the cutter and DS Pro+ so I can cut and have the sew file? I have only started looking into them and really have no knowledge as to how this works so any comments or suggestions would be great. Thanks!
    April Williams<br />Game Day Designs<br />[email protected]

I know a lot of people love their Roland cutters because of the flexibility and price. If you are cutting mostly Tackle Twill I would suggest the Ioline. It costs way more but it creates the stitch file for you and you can just cut the fabric and sew it on. Few things to learn but not that bad. It also cuts vinyl and other types of fabric very well.

You will need Corel Draw to create the plotter files. If you have it great, if not and don't know how to use it that learning curve is a bit steeper.

I have had mine about 18 mos. now and I love it. Use it almost everyday. Any more questions contact me privately.

Steve I.
    Trinity Embroidery
    Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

I would agree and say that the Ioline 300 model is ideal for higher volume fabric cutting and a bit more convenient with creating the sew file.

However, the GX will handle the pressure sensitive twill and offer more flexibility in cutting heat applied films by the roll.

Basically its the difference between a flat bed style cutter and a roll style.

I am not to familiar with the DS Pro+ software, so I cannot provide much insight there.
      Josh Ellsworth<br />Imprintables Warehouse<br />1-800-347-0068 x.236

Comment

Well it looks like you can go about this a couple of ways.(1)You can create your shape of the object you want to cut as a jpeg. in Design shop and then import into Roland cut studio and trace the outline.(2) You can create a vector in Corel add a outline and cut straight from Corel.Then import that vector into Design shop and create your stitch outline from that vector.I am sure there are other ways to do this but these are the ways I have found so far.I dont think there is a way to save a file that the Roland cut studio likes other than a jpeg. in Design shop. Oh and welcome aboard Josh.

Curtis

Comment

I know in other applique programs I have recommended exporting from Roland Cut Studio as a plt file - then in turn importing that into your applique program.

Thanks for the welcome Glad to be here.
          Josh Ellsworth<br />Imprintables Warehouse<br />1-800-347-0068 x.236

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. It looks like I have a lot to learn! There is a wealth of knowledge here and I appreciate all of you. Thnaks again!
            April Williams<br />Game Day Designs<br />[email protected]

Comment

There is 1 Ioline 300 for sale in Denver CO $4,900.00 plus shipping. How fair are you from Denver
              e-mail me Herman Wilson [email protected] I can give you more info

Comment

I have not had good luck with importing the .plt from Corel to DS and digitizing from there. The size is off slightly (Melco is looking at that one to see what the problem is). There is also a problem when the Ioline software creates an .exp stitch file and it gets modified and saved as .ofm the size gets changed there too. If the file is left as .exp the size is perfect. Anyone else experience this problem?

Steve I.
                Trinity Emboridery
                Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

We tried that once. I really would like to hav the steps. When we got the cut done and moved to the XT it didn't move the file size right. The first stitch line was great and from there down hill. Really peeved my customer don't want to do that ever again. Somebody point in the right direction. I will try the advice from imprintables. Sounds doable. Will check back later.

Comment

Working...
                  X