Networking business services....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Networking business services....

With the economy going for a swirly in the toilet...it's time for everyone to concentrate on keeping your business going and customers happy. My thought is that many of us have other 'sidelines' to our business that we could 'network' to the rest here. If you get a customer coming through the door, find out EVERYTHING they might need and don't lose another sale! One business client WILL have need of business cards, stationary, vehicle magnets, door nameplates, staff namepins, hats, teeshirts, sweats, (screened, besides embroidered), window lettering, pens, pencils, keychains, frisbees...on and on...and there is no reason why anyone should lose a piece of that business.
    Tell them YOU can supply whatever they need, and post a question here about what you need (Client came in for hats, said he wants travel mugs-who, how, where, etc.) and then any of us that deal in that or can 'hook you up' will jump right in.
    A sale of any size right now is a SALE...and a happy customer. You already have his logo-USE it!
    I do in-house engraving, 4 color small run screenprinting, digital printing (banners, adhesive vinyl, decals, magnets, etc.)vinyl cutting, and have thousands of catalogs for ad specialty products-and no problem at all with setting you up as your OWN specialty rep so you make all the profit....
    Roland [email protected]

OK Roland - I bought a tanning salon in Central NJ last summer. I can take all your clients that want to come to NJ to tan!!

Seriously folks - the economy is rough and I think just pushing ahead and providing good service and value goes a long way in this environment. Plus, other businesses are hurting a lot more than they let on. I bought the tanning salon Aug 1 last year and every month since, sales have been about 15% below the prior year. A couple of months I didn't make enough to cover the bills, but I had assumed it would be slow for a while.

Then, on New Years Eve, the Hollywood Tans 1/4 mile from me closed up and went out of business with no warning. I put some signs up and offered discounts to his customers and now January is running 35% above last year! I had to hire a 5th employee to help with the busines. I'm the only tanning salon in a 6 mile radius now.

Sure, it was partly luck, but my point is I continued to run specials and discount prices last year and never gave the impression to my customers that I was hurting which helped bring in some new customers and got others to stay. I don't suggest slashing prices to win business but Roland has a point in finding out what your customer wants in total and being able to provide it.

just my 2 cents
    Tom
    Tom Dauria<br />Mr. Sew & Sew

Comment

You got it, Tom...we all just stick together, go after all that 'nickel & dime' stuff (ad specialties) and put up a good face...as the competition drops out we'll build up a bigger customer base. Don't slash prices...but what I've been doing with my 'local' businesses that I know-and many of the owners I've known from school and living here for 45 years...give them a break! I shop at the hardware store on the corner-instead of Home Depot across town and I let him KNOW I was there-just ordered parts for my pellet stove-and he came in and ordered $150 sign board and some banners...see! I gave him a deal and got the order and we keep the business 'local'.

Comment

Luckily I'm a part-time home based business with a full-time job that has benefits. If I did just the embroidery, the machines would have been sold. 2008 was my worst year ever and I haven't even turned the machine on since Christmas. I have decided to stop all advertising (except the yellow book ad which comes with my phone line.) and just ride things out. I'm just going to take care of my regular customers and not seek out new ones and ride it out. I have nothing to loose because the machine is paid off and pay $50 per month for the phone line which is really my only expense.

Comment

I, too, am in that boat Steve - but scary thing is - 2 people I know have lost their jobs just this week at two different companies - both had more seniority than anyone else in their departments - my guess is they made more money so it was more cost effective to layoff the higher paid employees. So, needless to say, I hope it is as simple as riding it out. Problem with selling the machines is no one can afford or is willing to buy them at this point in time.
          I agree with Tom and Roland - let's turn up the networking.
          April Williams<br />Game Day Designs<br />[email protected]

Comment

Who among us AMAYA folks does inexpensive Award plaques, Medals or Trophies for Sport Banquets?
            I need to get some pricing for "Swim & Dive" at this point. Don't need until mid-May, but thought I could maybe provide this since I am doing their Spirit Wear. They are thinking of either a Medal or Plaque to give to All the Graduating Seniors that are on the Team. And they always do Trophies for individual accomplishments, etc to all who qualify. Usually two different sizes. Open to other ideas as recognition gifts that are inexpensive and unisex.
            You can email me privately if you would like, but I am sure others may find this info useful too.
            Thank you
            Debbie
            Design WIzard Embroidery

Comment

Sunrise Graphics
              CLaremont, NH....that's me!
              Full service flatbed (12 x 16" table)computer engraving, easy to digitize for logos, artwork, etc. direct to metal plates, trophy plates, plaques, and I can combine digital print full color photos onto plaques. Also door name plates, staff name pins, rotary engraving for bottles and some glass ware. No engraving-not for me.
              Contact me off list and I can send some photos. We're working on a standard 'trophy' order form for sizes, etc. but usually we just custom make to fit the budget!
              Roland

Comment

I agree that we need to stick together. I'm going through a tough time also and would love to network services with others here. I've been digitizing since 1993 with Melco Software and digitized 12 years exclusively for other embroiderers. If you need any digitizing done contact me at [email protected] I am able to provide you with Design Shop .OFM editable files.
                I am only able to take on left chest designs and hat size designs at this time. Herb Acree who is a member here was a long time customer and can verify the quality of my work. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
                Janel Pinneke<br />Silver Star Embroidery

Comment

Hi all,

Just to add an available service that I haven't had John add to my shop info.....I too have an engraver an although I haven't practiced on metal for trophies and such, I do make rhinestone templates so you can add bling to your product line. Let me know if you have any questions or want more information.

Dorothy Compton, Owner
                  Bee Embroidered
                  www.BeeEmbroidered.com
                  (916) 635-7467
                  Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Dorothy- I sent you an email about some heat transfers. I look forward to hearing from you. It is great to see what all everyone offers!!

Comment

Anyone have any suggestion for a baseball team that wants their team name printed on baseballs? Thanks!

Comment

How many do they want?
                        It can be done...there is a direct-to-3-D object printer out there we saw at the USSC sign convention in december-neat expensive rig, but I also have companies that will 'sublimate' or pad print to baseballs...just depends on the quantity you need.

Comment

That probably depends on the cost. I believe it would be safe to say at lease 3 dozen. They will want more if it is affordable to them. Thanks for your help.

Comment

All I can say is that I am proud and glad that you all are doing this. The economy is bring many to tears and I pray that it gets better soon. Dorothy please contact me about the rhinestone templates. I am looking for templates for street bikes. [email protected]
                            To all the rest I wish you the best of luck and this will past and our lives can return to normal

Carol
                            You Gotta Love It!<br /><a href=\"http://www.elegant-embroidery.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.elegant-embroidery.com</a>

Comment

Working...
                            X