Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MelcoJet DTG Printer 4Sale

Hi, all,

We are selling a MelcoJet FP-125A, purchased in 2008, with 2 sets of white & CMYK inks and cleaning fluid cartridges. Used very little.

$11,000, located in Central Maine.

Contact [email protected]

Why are you selling it?
    Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

Just don't have the volume business to keep it running on a weekly basis. We've only had maybe 4 separate requests for a custom printed shirt since before Xmas ... wasn't worth purging, loading and re-purging costs ...

Comment

Is anyone that is running this or a machine like it able to comment - have you actually made your money back? It just seems like such a large investment and the consumables are so expensive - not to mention that the print heads have to be rated at only so many hours before they have to be replaced and that has to be a HUGE cost.

I am just trying to do the math in my head on these things [img]smile.gif[/img]
        John Yaglenski
        Amayausers.com - Webmaster
        Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
        Hilton Head Island, SC
        http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Talk about timing, I went to a stitches roadshow in Phoenix today and talked to reps from Brother and Melco about DTG printers. I am very interested in both, so if anyone has some insight to share please do.
          Larry I sent you a private email on the one you would like to sell. Please email me or call.

Cindy in Phoenix,
          [email protected]
          623-879-9761

Comment

Cindy,

I cant speak the Melco but I do own a Brother GT541. I've got over 14,000 impressions and NEVER had a mechanical failure. The machine is built for production and it delivers.

The only draw back is it does not print darks. However, I here that Brother has just come out with a dark printer so that'll be interesting. The price is high from what I'm told but if it works like the one I own now....
            Have A Great Day!!<br /><br />Nathan<br />CEO/President<br />Skyline Prints, Inc<br /><a href=\"http://www.SkylinePrints.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.SkylinePrints.com</a><br /><br />Embroidery, Screen Printing, Digital Printings, and Promotional products. <br /><br />We Bring Your Ideas To Life!<br />P.S. We have Webkinz for sale online and at our store.

Comment

Dear Cindy,
              The main thing I would consider when looking at the printers is the ink feed system. Especially in Arizona. The systems that have the ink contained will not dry out at much. The type that offer refills allows air to get in. I met with an Arizona company and they had the refill type and they wanted to sell it because they wasted a lot of ink. I know the MelcoJet is contained and I don't know about the Brother. I also know that it must be used every day at least once to keep things flowing. Due to the dryness it can't be kept in a garage. I have been looking at them for about a year and as of yet have not purchased one. Good luck.
              Margaret
              Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Is this DTG Printer still for sale?
                Yolanda Johnson

Comment

It sure is...Can contact us off list at [email protected] Thanks and have a great day,

Comment

It sure is...Can contact us off list, at [email protected]. Thanks and have a great day,

Comment

Still have a MelcoJet that needs a new home ... gotta be somebody interested ... contact [email protected]

Comment

John,
                        I got my printer from Anajet before Melco started the "rebrand". I've had mine over 2 years and love it. Dark shirt printing is expensive (maintenance, time, supplies) and is not as an easy sell as light printing. I've always offered screenprinting, so it's a good ad-on or alternative for people looking for small runs. Direct to garment cannot compete with screenprinting for spot colors, larger runs, but blows it away in 4 color process and being able to use "marginal" artwork.

Comment

Working...
                        X