More Cap problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Cap problems

This is my first post to the group. I am just over a year as an embroiderer and have learned a lot from your posts. Thank you!!! I can't seem to get my fonts to sew nicely on youth caps. I have used the same techniques on adult caps with no problems. The design sews perfectly but as soon as I try to add text , I get many false breaks, and lots of loops and nubs. I have spent hours going through cap suggestions and have tried all of the following- I have changed the lower feed limit from 8 down to 4, used manual thread settings from 35-45 column feed and 100 - 103 for fill, I have switched from a 12 to a very fine 10 needle, have used auto feed and manual from 3-8 material thickness, I have switched fonts, used fabric adjust, used pull comp 120% And tossed a dozen caps! I did finally get a few to sew properly in a blue thread but the white thread is not working. I am using the supplied Block font at .45 inches.
    Any suggestions?

I would be happy to look at your design.

[email protected]
    Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

Thank you Thank you so much Herb. I sent a file to your email. It is encouraging just to know there are experts out there that are willing to help a newbie like me.

Comment

Hi Herb
        This is amazing - it sewed perfectly. Thank you so much!
        I have attached your comments to me because I think other newbies might benefit from them. I am surprised that a supplied Melco font has a poor fill direction built into it. Is this a problem just for caps or for other materials as well? Did I just choose a poor font or should I be on the lookout for this with all the fonts?
        Thanks
        Arlene
        Try this version.
        I changed some fill stitch direction as they were running at 90 and 270. We try to stay away from angles that are 90/180/270 and 0. These will cause a fair amount of pull in the design. Some of the underlay was excessive as well. The lettering underlay was weak. I also bumped the pull comp up to give it room to cover. My version has almost 1K stitches less than yours.

Structured or unstructured. Use the 270, hoop as shown in the video. Structured, set your min thread feed to 8. Unstructured, set min thread feed to 6. Bobbin thread to just drop an inch or so when setting the tension.

If it is not hooped correctly, it will not sew...

Comment

The fill direction applies to the complex fill in your design, not the fonts.
          Your font underlay density was 27 (?) or so and in my opinion was too weak to give your lettering any body.
          Pull compensation applies to both column and fill stitches, under the property setting for each element type.
          Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

Working...
          X