Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New computer ... getting ethernet error

Good morning all...
    I attempted to hook up a new computer this morning and at start up I am getting an ethernet error. I restarted and again got the same error. Am I missing a step.
    I gave up and went back to old computer, but would love to get the new one up and running.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    LuAnn
    LuAnn @ Image Embroidery<br />Because Your \"Image\" Matters

You need to mention what version of everything you have. What is your new computer? What version of the OS?
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

computer is lenovo idea centre
      version 9 amaya and design shop

Comment

Amaya version 9 does not work work with Win 7 or Win 8
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

In the setting, you need to click on compatability with vista. That's what I had to do

Comment

I am currently running Amaya Version 9 with Windows 7, so that can not be the problem.

Comment

What setting did you click on regarding "compatablility with Vista"? I am having this same problem.

Comment

Im using 7 with v10 os just now trying to set up but im having the ethernet error this being sunday no one to call I did look to see and there is no ethernt showing up inder addaptors what other setting do I need to check

Comment

Hi - it's important that IP-settings are correct. In control panel > network settings go to change network settings. For the network card you use with the amaya, right click at click properties and a new window openes. Mark the line TCP/IPv4 and click properties. Mark the option "Use the following IP-adress" and in the fields set the IP-settings to be: 169.254.112.246 and set subnet settings to be: 255.255.0.0 These settings are needed for Amaya to communicate with your pc.

Hope you get it right - even if my language is not quite correct - i'm danish :-)

Comment

For the network card you use with the amaya, right click at click properties and a new window openes

SHOULD BE:

For the network card you use with the amaya, right click and left click properties and a new window openes

Comment

Originally posted by Handymam View Post
                      Hi - it's important that IP-settings are correct. In control panel > network settings go to change network settings. For the network card you use with the amaya, right click at click properties and a new window openes. Mark the line TCP/IPv4 and click properties. Mark the option "Use the following IP-adress" and in the fields set the IP-settings to be: 169.254.112.246 and set subnet settings to be: 255.255.0.0 These settings are needed for Amaya to communicate with your pc.

Hope you get it right - even if my language is not quite correct - i'm danish :-)
                      On this, I've never had to set a static IP address for my Amaya Network to get it to work...
                      John Yaglenski
                      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Originally posted by ladydstitches200 View Post
                        Im using 7 with v10 os just now trying to set up but im having the ethernet error this being sunday no one to call I did look to see and there is no ethernt showing up inder addaptors what other setting do I need to check
                        If there are no Ethernet cards showing up under adaptors - that's going to be your problem. Either drivers are missing or your internal card has failed. If you don't see a card listed - then there is no way you are going to get the Amaya to work... Time to call the MFGR support line and explain, you are trying to hook up physically to a network (not wireless).
                        John Yaglenski

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

When I used XP/Vista I didn't have to either - but using win7/8 I have to - if not I get the "automatic private ip-adress" 169.254.10.25
                          Anyway - if the network card is capable of connecting to the internet and not showing in Amaya OS it is NOT a driver problem.
                          But of course I'v only been working with Amayas since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handymam View Post
                            When I used XP/Vista I didn't have to either - but using win7/8 I have to - if not I get the "automatic private ip-adress" 169.254.10.25
                            Anyway - if the network card is capable of connecting to the internet and not showing in Amaya OS it is NOT a driver problem.
                            But of course I'v only been working with Amayas since 2007
                            Well - the reason I said a driver/computer issue is they said they didn't even see the adaptor listed. Obviously if the adaptor can connect to the internet, then it's not a driver or hardware problem.

And, I'm running Windows 7 without setting a static IP address. Haven't tried using win 8 yet.

At this point, if you see the adaptor, setting a static address won't hurt to try - you can always set it back to auto.
                            John Yaglenski

Comment

Once again thank you for all the info. Perhaps when repurchasing my DS and OS and now working with what I was told is compatible with windows 8 and no higher than 8.8 is now just my cable. New one on the way.
                              Johanna S
                              Henderson NV

Comment

Working...
                              X