Applique Cover Stitch Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applique Cover Stitch Issues

I have an Amaya Xt unit. I have been using Photoshop CS3 and turning images into JPEG files and then cutting images on my Roland Plotter after making it vector. I then go to Design Shop andchange the file to Applique and follow all the steps ive found on the forum. Here is my problem, It places the outline stitch correct and then the cover stitch goes over parts of the design fine but then it starts getting off, incorrectly/properly covering the applique. It looks perfect on Design Shop/on the monitor but messes up on the garment. Is my machine not calibrated correctly. Possibly can I only use Corel to do the initial design? (in which I'm not familiar with). I just don't know where to start. Please help asap. If I can't figure this out soon I will have to give thie client back his money! Please call me @ 8165881343. Thanks

Is it possible that this is either a pull compensation issue or a backing issue? It sounds as though the design is lined up correctly when you begin, so it seems more likely that the applique has been pulled askew by the stitching rather than there being some kind of calibration problem. Can you give more info about the design and your hooping practices?

Comment

You are probably so correct. I'm so new to this! I was taking a regular t shirt and sewing the design out for practice with no backing. Just to see if things were lining up correctly! The last couple hoodies I did were just so off line with the applique. Im thinking that the last couple hoodies I did, I used no backing. I thought the thickness of the applique would be thick enough. Maybe I should just stop thinking so much lol!

Comment

Oh, gosh, you have to use backing with practically everything you embroider!
        Especially t-shirts and sweatshirts. Anything that has any little bit of stretch to it, needs to be stabilized. I would recommend the iron-on mesh backing for shirts and sweats. Then you can even put a piece of soft tear away under that.
        Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

Comment

I second MJ's recommendation. An easy way to check if it is a matter of your fabric stretching is to just hoop a nice thick stabilizer (without the shirt) and sew the design on that. The stabilizer won't stretch and, if your design is correct, you should get a perfect sewout.

Juli in Kona
          Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

If your goal is just to make rags your on the right track.

Tee shirts need backing. you want to find out if something works you need to do it as if you were going to sell it. and I hope you would be using backing if you were doing an order.
            [email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
            X