Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amaya OS v10/DS Pro+: installing on Windows8, regular or RT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaya OS v10/DS Pro+: installing on Windows8, regular or RT?

I'm needing to upgrade laptops, and am wondering if anyone has installed the software, both AOS and DS on a tablet with RT (if that is even possible?) and if it doesn't work with RT, does it work with the other version of Windows 8? I'm not very "up to speed" with computer specs and all that, would appreciate any and all recommendations.
    TIA, Edna
    Etched In Thread
    Preserving Your Memories in Thread

I just installed on 64 bit Windows 8.1 after poor performance from my win7 32 bit machine. I followed the instructions from Melco University. The new machine is a beast. The only issue so far has been the help videos would not display. Found the fix to that here and no issues so far.

Comment

Thank you, I just bought a new laptop/tablet hybrid this past week and plan on installing the software in the next few days. I'll be sure to check the Melco U site for instructions. Thanks again!
      Edna
      Etched In Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Etched In Thread View Post
        Thank you, I just bought a new laptop/tablet hybrid this past week and plan on installing the software in the next few days. I'll be sure to check the Melco U site for instructions. Thanks again!
        Edna
        Hi Edna,

How has the laptop/tablet install worked out for you? I'm thinking of buying one of the 2 in 1s, thanks.

Tony

Comment

Tony, it works great. The only problem I had was with the update that the software downloaded. I tried to run it with the update, installed and uninstalled twice, but it would not work. I can't remember now what the problem was, but i am running the programs with the original versions on my CD. OS 10.00.037
          DS 9.00.101
          Etched In Thread

Comment

I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 64bit and I could not get my DS to install. Melco said you need a minimum of DS version 9.00.099 for it to install. If your install disc is an older version Melco will mail you a newer version.

Comment

Originally posted by mike111 View Post
              I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 64bit and I could not get my DS to install. Melco said you need a minimum of DS version 9.00.099 for it to install. If your install disc is an older version Melco will mail you a newer version.
              So what version of software will they send a new disc for? I am desperate to upgrade my computer to at least win 7 from this crappy win xp that we are using, but I'm sorry I can't justify $500 to $700 to upgrade OS and DS just to use a new computer. the old version 7 software works fine on my 4 big reds. but the computer needs help and networking is not a fun issue with all the other systems on my network.

Who did you call or talk to? Contacting Melco can be an adventure in frustration these days. I gave up on email since i have never gotten a response from them on any email I've sent.

Would love to hear how you went about it or what version you started with.
              Ron
              Last edited by Body Cover; 02-20-2015, 08:35 PM.
              Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

Working...
              X