Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how to make a skipped stitch look in design shop pro +?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how to make a skipped stitch look in design shop pro +?

[ATTACH][/HR]NFIG]12[/ATTACH]

does anyone know how to make stitches like in this picture with design shop pro plus?
    Attached Files

The red is a knit, the black is cutout (maybe felt) to show the red, then the white is a bean stitch around it.

Comment

Originally posted by Judy View Post
      The red is a knit, the black is cutout (maybe felt) to show the red, then the white is a bean stitch around it.

Judy,
      My question is how do you make the bean stitch skip a space between the stitches(not a solid line)?

Comment

Could that be where the stitches have sunk into the thicker top fabric?

Comment

I have never done this in Design Shop, but if you have a level of Design Shop that lets you create your own decorative stitches you should be able to make a stitch that looks like this. All this stitch is is bean stitches spaced 1mm (10 points?) apart. The jump that happens between the single bean stitches looks like a space in the stitching.
          In other software, I have digitized a 2mm bean stitch and created a custom stitch that is 3mm wide. That automatically creates the 1mm jump. I wish I could tell you exactly how, but I no longer have Design Shop to play with. Good luck.
          Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

If anyone figures out how to do this, I would be very interested in learning how. I have a laser and can duplicate the exact reverse applique show in the pix and the spacy bean stitching would be super.

Juli in Kona
            Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

It is just a running stitch set to Bean with a min on 5 as for thickness an extended stitch length and the reason it looks like it is not continuous is there is only one thread the goes to the next stitch and the fabric allows it to sink in.
              I have done many of these and that is the way it is done.
              [email protected]
              Jerome in Minnesota
              (320)259-1151

Comment

Originally posted by Greenwing View Post
                It is just a running stitch set to Bean with a min on 5 as for thickness an extended stitch length and the reason it looks like it is not continuous is there is only one thread the goes to the next stitch and the fabric allows it to sink in.
                I have done many of these and that is the way it is done.

extended stitch length as in 40, or longer?
                thanks,
                Jodie

Comment

Working...
                X