Thread bound up and shredded!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread bound up and shredded!

I am very green. I have an Amaya Big Red as you call it. It has never done this to me and don't know what else to do but come here. I have been sewing single color initials monogram type things for the last three weeks and all of a sudden the last thing I am working on it is bird nesting thread under the backing and I have thread coming out of the needle plate hole and then find it bound up inside after removing the needle plate. Cleaned it out changed the bobbin and lubricated the hook. Replaced the needle plate and reloaded thread to be sure. This happened after it has sewn 75% of the design. Then backed up design and tried again... same thing. Opened up needle plate and cleaned it out and put this new bobbin back in. Any ideas will be helpful. I am very green with this. My brother went to training and I am the one using the machine. I have had this machine since new and it is probably 9 years old now. We have had no issues ever. I am in the process of replacing the pinch rollers. This is needle number 1 if that may help. I have sewn several of these designs on this needle and color of thread over the last several weeks and it has been fine. Until tonight.

I'd check out the bobbin CASE, move the thread to a new needle, check the thread feed number (unless you have it set to auto), and try again.

Comment

One possibility is that your thread came out of the little "V" notch under your pinch roller.

Sharon
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Every time this has happened to me it has been because something is wrong with my upper thread path. Check to be sure your thread is passing through all the guides and especially the "V" notch as Sharon said.

Comment

Sadly, I have to admit to getting the needle in backwards. Once, and only once.
          Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

Mary, if I had to admit all the boneheaded things I've done with my Amaya, it would be a very embarrassing list.

Comment

I've learned a GENERAL rule -- if my Silver Surfer is acting up, it's (usually) something I've done... and I've learned there are ENDLESS possibilities about things I can do wrong...

Happy New Year, everyone!

Comment

Working...
              X