Broke Needle and Now *!$*^%$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke Needle and Now *!$*^%$

I broke a needle because the fr...#$!@ thing won't trim properly! And I had my back turned = I know this thing has eyes! Anyway, now it won't sew. I just creates knots in the bobbin area, but no actual stitches are created.

I have checked the new needle - it is in correctly. Oh, and it does this on other needles too. So, it is not the needle. But it is something in the bobbin area. Any ideas, anyone? I am in the middle of a job that has to be done by tomorrow at 2pm for an awards dinner for a bunch of little kids that won the Championship.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Have you tried a different bobbin case, new bobbin, and checking the "gap"?

Comment

Juli,

Remove your needle plate and check to see if the knife and selector push rod wires are connected to them.....clean and oil the area......hopefully you have not slipped y our hook timing out of adjustment...

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Hey Juli,(Rod doesn't know I am responding)
        Rod and I would be thrilled to come to Hawaii and fix your trimming issues!!! It is cold outside and spitting snow! I hope the checking and oiling will take care of your problems.
        Sharon
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Well, something I did fixed it. I had already taken off the cover and checked the knife and selector - cleaned (didn't appear dirty at all) oiled them. By mistake, I started to unscrew the two screws that hold the finger, so I had to regap it. When I ran a thread behind it, it was quite dirty, so cleaned that out.

Actually, nothing seemed very wrong with anything, but I did clean out some threads. Whatever I did seemed to have fixed it. And I got my job done - 23337 stitches in 3 hoopings- back, LC and sleeve. They all survived and all look good. My customer will be very happy.

Sharon, how about January? I'll get the guest room ready. My DH can take you fishing - maybe catch an ahi or marlin. But I must warn you - there is no head, just a bucket. The guys just look the other way. And I don't go because I get very sea sick. I'm a land lubber. Let's see - one day to fix machine, one day fishing, two days to go around the island, catch the volcano, see Waipio Valley, Rainbow Falls, see the lava fields, check out the high end hotels, maybe eat at one of them if I can save up enough money. About 6 miles from my house is the most beautiful beach. Maybe I can get my son to take you scuba or snorkeling. We have unbelievably clear beautiful water.

Just let me know when you're coming. I live 2 miles from the airport, but you gotta come into Kona. There are direct flights. See you soon.

Juli in Kona
          Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
          X