Totally lost. Thread breaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally lost. Thread breaks

I have had it, last night not a thing goes wrong, turn on machine this morning and nothing but thread breaks.
    same settings as last night, same material, same design, same thread, same bobbins.
    startup pops thread out, if not it goes for 10-20 secs and then a fray break or popping thread breaks.
    Wend back to default settings, same, changed thread feed, same, added material thickness, same, decrease material thickness setting, same, changed needles, same, changed bobbins, same, oiled bobbin case, same, gave machine a complete lube and cleaning and restarted with same settings as last night, well lets say, I had to walk away. Does it on all needles. I rehooped another piece of material and backing, still same results
    Checked bobbin timing, seems to be where it supposed to be.

Any ideas??????

Aloha Merlin,

this idea is way out there in 3rd base, but... have you checked your thread feed gear? Everyone reading this, I know its a bit far fetched, but I recently experienced the same problems and on a whim, I checked my gear and saw that there was a small break in the center hub. Once I replaced it, I was good to go.

You asked for ideas, here's mine. Good Luck
    Erick in Honolulu

Comment

TYI,

Good post....the thread feed drive gear is a common denominator to all 16 needles.....

Merlin,

You might also try deleting everything out of the jobs folder and reloading the design from scratch and do a force download as well....for some reason that only computers file and computers know about, a file will get corrupted in the reloading process...

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

One more thought, since you're experiencing the same problem on different needles, could the problem be with your spool of thread? I've had this issue with the occasional cone that spools off fine at first then starts catching around the bottom or twisting as it feeds into the tube.

Comment

I have an XT (Silver Surfer). When mine does something crazy, I do something crazy...

Hold down the left arrow button, and press the up arrow button. The machine goes "clunk". Then it behaves. I have no idea why, but it works.

Or, I shut everything off, including the computer, and then turn it all back on.

Sometimes, it just wants attention, and this is its way of getting it.

Comment

Inspected and good to go, Good idea. digging further...

Originally posted by TYI View Post
            Aloha Merlin,

this idea is way out there in 3rd base, but... have you checked your thread feed gear? Everyone reading this, I know its a bit far fetched, but I recently experienced the same problems and on a whim, I checked my gear and saw that there was a small break in the center hub. Once I replaced it, I was good to go.

Comment

Thank you all for the replies, Tried them all, no go. SO this morning I figured I would give it one more try. I got so pieved that I even reformatted the computer and reinstalled Win2000Pro.

Well dont know what changed, OS or clean install of AMAYA software but something worked. But now something strange, I have to use all different thread feed settings. But thats not a problem, ITS WORKING.... 45000 stitches without a break, fray, or a missed startup.

I almost bet it was the clean install of OS and AMAYA software. I did clean the work history, no change. so I dont know.

I really do thank you all for the ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by TYI View Post
                Aloha Merlin,

Hello

Where is the thread feed gear and how do you replace it?

Cheers
                Bradley

Comment

move your machine to needle 1 and look behind the head you will see it there behind the head (needle housing).
                  Removing the cover you can get to it to replace it.
                  [email protected]
                  Jerome in Minnesota
                  (320)259-1151

Comment

Try turning the thread break sensor bar. Tech support told me about this one and it worked for me.

Comment

To all of you who read the above post of "turning" the thread break sensor bar, don't turn it 360 degrees! You very gently rock it back and forth just slightly. There are Apezio crystals (sorry, I am not completely sure of the spelling) in it and sometimes they take a set and just need moved ever so slightly.
                      Sharon
                      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Originally posted by Rod or Sharon View Post
                        To all of you who read the above post of "turning" the thread break sensor bar, don't turn it 360 degrees! You very gently rock it back and forth just slightly. There are Apezio crystals (sorry, I am not completely sure of the spelling) in it and sometimes they take a set and just need moved ever so slightly.
                        Sharon
                        I believe they are pezio acoustic sensors

Like Rod/Sharon said - just rotate back and forth slightly - you should not be doing complete revolutions. That sensor is attached by a wire - and if you rotate too much, you can cause problems with the connection.

If I understood in training correctly, the sensor bar is actually listening to the thread traveling over it - which is very cool.
                        John Yaglenski
                        Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                        Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Where is the thread break sensor

Comment

It is the long silver rod (about the thickness of a pencil) across the front of the machine that you wrap each thread around when you thread the machine.

Comment

I just went through this myself.I found I had two issues doing just what yall are talking .My thread feed setting would keep losing its setting I had to keep resetting the default settings..it was like I was doing chenille .With thread breaks ..I had a new bobbin case so on a whem and a prayer ..I changed it out .WOW IT WORKED
                              So far ....

Comment

Working...
                              X