Hats & Thread Breaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hats & Thread Breaks

Looking for some tips on sewing structured baseball hats... we don't do them very often since we mainly focus on church pieces... but the team for our small school needs hats.
    Simple design that I used last year and sewed about 24 hats in a day... this year is giving me problems. Tons of false thread breaks. We are working on a Amaya TXS, and the settings I changed (same as last year) were: Auto feed lower limit set to 7; unclicked "Enable Bobbin thread detection"; we are running it at 800 spm...and seems a bit better.
    But can't understand the thread breaks???
    Any tips would be appreciated!
    I've learned so much from this forum, and this is my first time posting; so thank you!

Providing your design is good and the machine is properly setup/maintained I would point to hooping... The XTS has a smaller diameter ring gauge (hooping device) than the earlier models. I have noticed when hooping structured caps they are harder to get to lay flat on the machine due to the smaller diameter. This causes flagging, the material is bouncing up and down. This will cause false and real upper thread breaks. No setting changes will cure this. You need to work the cap down on the ring gauge with the flat of your hand until it will stay flat. If you have not watched the video on cap hooping I would recommend you do. Hoop the cap correctly and bump your speed up to 1K..
    Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

Thank you! I will try this out!

Comment

Working...
      X