No announcement yet.

Color changes not working quite right.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color changes not working quite right.

My embroidery guy is telling me that one of our 4 big reds isn't starting up on needle 9 everyday. Instead it starts between 8 and 9 and we have to E-stop to get it to correct itself. Also when color changes go to the left it is jerky and acts as if it needs more lubrication even though it is freshly done, but movements to the right seem to be fluid like they should be. The sensors have been cleaned numerous times and we even brushed out the sensor comb area that feeds in between the sensors to make sure that nothing was falling off and into the sensor assembly. Any ideas anyone?
    Ron @ Body Cover design
    Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Hi Ron,

Since your machines are Big Reds, Rod said you probably have a color change motor that is about to give up. Also check the lead screw that goes through the motor and be sure you don't have any thread build-up that is being drug into the motor. Hope all is well over your direction!
    Sharon Springer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Hi Rod or Sharon,
      i had a problem on mashine , color change stoped working, mashine didnt show any error message, just stoped working. when masine head was opened by tecnisian was found that threads were build-up over acty-feed module. can it in some way influence the color change module or motor?
      thanks
      Elena

Comment

You may be referring to the thread feed assembly or the main thread feed drive gear itself. If the thread feed drive gears aren't meshing properly with the main thread feed drive gear, then yes, it could have an affect on whether or not the needle case can move to another color change but you should be getting a color index error message. From there you have to go to the color change motor and the lead screw to make sure there is no thread build-up where the thread is being drug into the motor and causing a bind. You still should be getting color index error messages.
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
        X