Here's a stumper...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a stumper...

Today, sewing caps, had run 5 of 16, no problems. All of a sudden, in the middle of the sew out, it stops, needle down, screen goes grey, nothing. Turned it off, all the things I could think of. Called Melco, talked to Sal, turns out the emergency stop was engaged.....hummmmm....I'm not working by the machine, I'm trimming the other cap....so, turn the em stop, starts up, and goes thru all the steps as when at the beginning of sewing a design, but goes back to where the design/logo stopped, starts again and finishes the design....good...then exactly the same thing happens again, happened each time on 2 more caps, started, stopped, started. Even snapped 2 needles...
    Took off the cap frame, sewed flats....perfect.
    What is up with this??? 11 more caps to do, checked into a glitch in the design, nothing, loaded, unloaded.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Susan
    @Hidden Cottage
    Hidden Cottage

What version of OS are you using?
    Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

Originally posted by HERB View Post
      What version of OS are you using?
      Replaced all software at the end of last year, looks like V10 is going now, so I'm not sure if I have that or not. One of my computers died December 18th, went on to replace and update everything then.
      Hidden Cottage

Comment

Just a wild guess- could your em. stop button be loose? Perhaps the motion of the cap driver is making it trip. There are two screws inside the keypad that can come loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Mama Kass View Post
          Just a wild guess- could your em. stop button be loose? Perhaps the motion of the cap driver is making it trip. There are two screws inside the keypad that can come loose.
          Don't think that's it, working with upholstery fabric today, sewing perfectly.
          Hidden Cottage

Comment

Quite a mystery! Is there any way the cap or frame could have started hitting the emergency stop button? The event happening at the same time in the sew out could fit this scenario.
            Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

Originally posted by Shuffletown Embroidery View Post
              Quite a mystery! Is there any way the cap or frame could have started hitting the emergency stop button? The event happening at the same time in the sew out could fit this scenario.
              Nope. It's a stumper...
              Hidden Cottage

Comment

Sewing those same caps today, going on a wing and a prayer...did it again! this time broke needles, twice. Tried moving the design over a smidge, still happened. Turned machine off, then on, weird.
                But on another note, anyone have a Michelin Star (restaurant) logo file? Or anything close?
                Doing a chefs jacket as a gift for a friend, he makes the most fabulous salmon.
                Thanks,
                Susan
                Hidden Cottage

Comment

Working...
                X