Jumping in head first...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumping in head first...

I have come across a 2008 xt package that is completely un- touched. Hoops, OS9, DS9, The works, still packaged.
    Paying 5k. Its an estate sale deal I think and seller knows little about operation.

The software is installed on a local machine and I was just wondering If there was a quick few steps I could take to verify
    there are no BIG issues like main boards and such, before I bring it home and spend the winter learning it....
    Thank you for your time, and as of tomorrow I will be lurking here quite a bit

You need 2 dongles to run it, one for the OS and one for the DS. Without them, it won't run. This is a MUST. And to buy them from Melco is the FULL PRICE of the software. Does the computer that it is installed on come with it? And you will certainly want to upgrade both the OS and DS. Is the DS "Plus"? You will want the highest version. It is SO frustrating if the software won't do everything! And if you have to install the OS on a new computer, you will need the upgraded version to do that. And, if what I have said above is not strictly true, it is mostly true. And being new to it, you certainly don't want to fool around with it. And if you get it, make absolutely sure you grease and oil it before using it!! Offer 4k. To register with Melco costs $$. Call Melco to get the scoop. Good luck.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Yes, I am familiar with dongles, I will make sure there are 2...
      I talked to a lady at melco, she said the only thing I would need to re register is the DS and only if I wanted support of any kind, that is 600 bucks.....

Other then that she made it sound like I would be able to install local just fine with the dongles.......I was going to hook the laptop the original owner had it on and make sure things initialize....
      Thanks again!!

Comment

Sure, it would be nice to have the most updated versions, but at that price I wouldn't worry about it. I'm still running both DS and OS in Version 5; I'd love to have all the new features, but it's still a great program. More importantly, I would find out what level of DS they're selling - I love my Pro+, but you may or may not need it for your purposes.

Like Juli said, if this machine has been sitting around unused, you'll want to go through the entire lubrication series. This can take a while, but prevent future headaches.

If you can start things up before you buy, you can bring up the number of stitches the machine has sewn. In OS click on "Tools" > "Maintenance" and on the first screen that comes up you will find the number of stitches all the way at the bottom listed as "Z axis rotations".

Comment

One last question... The original invoice has both dongles listed, but now he cant find one!! He has no idea what they look like though...The only images online show the 2 dongles as USB flash type dongles and each one looks the same? Just making sure one isn't different somehow....
          Its a 6 hr drive for me to go get the machine and Im not about to if its missing the DS... and with just the OS I need to renegotiate the price first.....
          Thanks again for your help!!!

Comment

the dongles look alike
            there should be a ring and tag that says which it is.
            If either is missing they are worth $2000+ for the Amaya os
            and $4000 for DS pro Plus. full retail.
            [email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

Ok , Picked it up, Minus the Cap system....
              Anyone got a Driver and hoops for sale
              I got the Gauge......
              They were good at loosing things, but it is brand new!!!

Comment

Cap system

Originally posted by Names View Post
                Ok , Picked it up, Minus the Cap system....
                Anyone got a Driver and hoops for sale
                I got the Gauge......
                They were good at loosing things, but it is brand new!!!
                This is Bebe Heng

I have many cap system never used as I do not doing caps. If you need one let me know and we can discuss price etc.

My private email is [email protected]

Also if any one needs extra hoops look me up as I have many. I want to reduce what I have seriously.

Thank you
                Bebe

Comment

Still need a cap driver for this machine if anyone has one to spare.....

Comment

Can a cap driver for a Big Red be used on an XT? If so, I have one still in the box and never used that you are welcome to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mama Kass View Post
                      Can a cap driver for a Big Red be used on an XT? If so, I have one still in the box and never used that you are welcome to.
                      Nope, won't work... mounting bracket is different on the sewing arm..
                      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Very unfortunate news, there are 2 on ebay right now both with the 32198 part number, and the seller responded that it was off a big red...

I will continue my search , thank you very very much for the information...

Comment

I have an XT, and I don't do enough caps to justify keeping the set up. You can contact me at [email protected].

Comment

Working...
                          X