Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needle issue

New guy problems.

We broke a needle and replaced it with one that came with the machine - no good.
    I took one from one of the other colors (16) and tried that. Still having problems.

The needle breaks threads within fractions of a second from being re-threaded.

What would cause this and how do we fix it?
    Last edited by Best Texas Tees; 10-28-2014, 09:09 PM. Reason: wrong question

Originally posted by Best Texas Tees View Post
    New guy problems.

We broke a needle and replaced it with one that came with the machine - no good.
    I took one from one of the other colors (16) and tried that. Still having problems.

The needle breaks threads within fractions of a second from being re-threaded.

What would cause this and how do we fix it?
    It sounds like you are not getting the needle in correctly. The long grove needs to be in the front with the grove 5 degrees to the right as you face the machine. The needle that has the pressure foot behind will be a smog lower than the others. The needles that came with the machine are brand new so they should be fine if they are inserted correctly.
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

My favorite trick used to be putting the needle in backwards. When you look at the needle, the side facing you should be flat at the eye, and the back of it should have an indent.

Comment

the front of your needle will have a channel running down the length.
        The back has a Scarf which is a notch behind the eye to allow the rotary hook to pick up the top thread.

Do not try and angle your needle work on getting it straight as the 5 degree that is recommended is very slight (2 mins on a clock face). Also make sure your thread path is correct up top.
        [email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
        X